What could be causing a black screen?

I recently bought a custom build PC,Here are the specs:

Intel core i3 3.1GHz
Asus p8h61m Mobo
4gb ddr3 ram
500 gb hdd
400 watt psu
Asus Nvidia GeForce GT610 Graphics card(note:this version of the card has no cooling fan build on)

When I browse the internet (facebook,youtube etc.) It happened a few times where my pc screen would go black and the only way I could get it back was if I restarted my pc manually.
But then when I played a certain game (Arma 2) It aslo crashes every time I play it(Same thing happens as I mentioned above)
I reinstalled my windows on the pc to see if it would fix,but no good.
Now I think its down to overheating because I monitered it through GPU tweak while browsing it gets 30-40 degrees celcius (35ish degrees idle)
Then when I play arma 2 it gets to around 45-65 degrees celcius
Could this cause my pc to black screen and crash?
Im think of getting another fan to place near the graphics card as there is only a cpu heatsink fan and another fan next to it.
Please reply I would be grateful :)

Here is my exact graphics card if you need to have a look : http://www.custompc.ie/asus-geforce...press-20810mhz1200mhzlow-profile-101373-p.asp

Your temps are fine. 65 degrees Celsius is not high for a GPU. Have you tried different driver versions? If you haven't, I suggest going to the Nvidia website and downloading the latest for your card.

"fanless" low-cost video cards can't be expected to perform at high levels. They need to be placed where there is good air flow. Good air-flow may be hard to find

Back