What do you think about HP?

I tend to like HP, their equipment seems fairly reliable, sensibly priced, good support website, and the sauce is reasonably priced & pleasantly spicy.

Most, maybe all pc's I've had or used are HP so I must say I like HP. HP= Highly Professional :)Hewlett Packard.HP.jpg

Love the hardware, hate the software - - bloated like Moby D I c k :(

When I was writing code, any other platform was easier to port
(that's tweek platform A software so as to run on platform B).

True, I never really hear about HP products breaking down or anything. The software is what drove me away before though. I guess if I'm just going to erase it all to install linux anyways it might be a good buy with HP.

Pros:
  • The in built hardware is good but don't buy replacement parts from HP.
  • And its software are helpful and looks & UI are cool
  • If taken care(at-least normal cleaning and handling), there will be no problem in hardware for years(at-least during the Warranty period)
  • The Service and Support are good
  • The HP Speakers(Altec Lansing) are better than other pc makers' Dolby(better quality than Sony, Lenovo and leading brands)
  • The DVD Writer is the best of all(excluding LG).
Cons:
  • The Pressario Notebook models are not more user-friendly(The fans and exhaust are situated at wrong place) and thereby making it difficult to use on lap(only usable on flat hard surface)
  • Their software take a lot of memory load everywhere(startup, operation and shutdown)
  • Their replacement parts and paid services are expensive.

HP Proliant Server series is very attractive (at least for those needing a server).
It supports the Lights Out remote management feature which gives an arms length approach to systems administration. Secondary benefit is reduced power and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).
The Proliant series is rack mounted. If I were to bread a server farm, this would be my approach.

I've had bad luck with HP's laptops, I've noticed that often times they overheat, and I've had a lot of people ask for help with their laptops overheating, and to no surprise, I learn that they have an HP, so I've avoided them for quite some time, and when people ask for advice on laptops, I tell them to steer clear of HP.

The overheating is mostly seen on Pressario models and or with AMD processors. HP has only one lag in hardware. I've already said in my last comment. The placing of exhaust and fans. This can be easily fixed by using external cooler pads.

Pros:
  • The in built hardware is good but don't buy replacement parts from HP.
  • And its software are helpful and looks & UI are cool
  • If taken care(at-least normal cleaning and handling), there will be no problem in hardware for years(at-least during the Warranty period)
  • The Service and Support are good
  • The HP Speakers(Altec Lansing) are better than other pc makers' Dolby(better quality than Sony, Lenovo and leading brands)
  • The DVD Writer is the best of all(excluding LG).
Cons:
  • The Pressario Notebook models are not more user-friendly(The fans and exhaust are situated at wrong place) and thereby making it difficult to use on lap(only usable on flat hard surface)
  • Their software take a lot of memory load everywhere(startup, operation and shutdown)
  • Their replacement parts and paid services are expensive.

Well said, The Pressario Notebook models were always a pain. Steer clear of them. I have stuck with the pavilion model of Laptops and have had good luck. Same with My desktops, I have one that ten years old No problems . One that is fours old and a brand new one, All work great.

The Pressario Notebook models were always a pain. Steer clear of them.

Thanks for your "like" and reply. The Pressario models are good(good speakers, HD screen, DVD with dual-layer/blu-ray support, better looks) and cheaper compared to high end models in other brands. The only thing is fan and exhaust. If HP changes the placing of those 2 parts in Pressario(no need to close them down), then it'll be amazing.

Beings If Hp changes thoughs two parts. Yes I agree with you on that. But will they? That is there low end budget laptops, So I doubt they will. This is why I say steer clear. If you want to have it for a while and know nothing about computers. Where if you know the problems and are able to correct your self then fine, By all means buy one.

When u talk about HP, I can only think of my poor Laptop.....the cooling system is so bad that I can even cooking with my laptop

When u talk about HP, I can only think of my poor Laptop.....the cooling system is so bad that I can even cooking with my laptop

I have a old Dell Lattidude, That heats up worse then my Hp laptop dose. I have had the Dell in twice for repairs for running to hot. Still runs hot to the touch even on a cooling pad. Where my Hp runs great on a cooling pad or buy its self.

Back