What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noel21

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

stop 0x000000D1 (0xBA388F28, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0XBA410F4A)

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEAN ON MY BSOD??? THANKS!!!!

Hello Noel...:wave: If I may make a suggestion...
You might want to go back and edit your note so that it is not all caps.
Shouting is considered "out of bounds" here.
See https://www.techspot.com/vb-faq.html

As for your issue... 0x000000D1
The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

# Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

For us to provide further guidance, it would be helpful for you to attach some of your most recent minidump files to your next post. You may find them in the minidump subdirectory of your windows directory. (eg C:\Windows\Mindump). Three or Four of the most recent zipped into one attachment is usually sufficient. I have sometimes seen up to six requested, but that is not usually needed.

thanks for the reply....

i didnt mean to put my words with bold letters...i just went at it after typing the error codes..... sorry if it sounded like shouting:)....

i actually upgraded my ram....into a solid 2gb ram....the first three was from the first ram...i replaced it and it still has bsod....so the last mini dump is caused with the newly replaced 2gb...

thanks for your help!!!!

the first three was caused by the first 2gb ram....the last was caused by the new replacement 2 gb ram^^ to be more clear^^

All of your strings are BugCheck 100000D1,

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses.

Implicated processes:
(three times) PROCESS_NAME: War3.exe IMAGE_NAME: TDI.SYS

(one time) PROCESS_NAME: System IMAGE_NAME: TDI.SYS

First: Compare - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tdi.sys –
with the one from: C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\TDI.SYS
If they are different, you may have some other issues… take note of file sizes, and right click on them, looking at properties.
What differences do you see? I believe your file should have this information…
Filename: tdi.sys
Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

After updating to SP3 it should be - 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-0852)

Next: You are running Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (SP2). You should update to SP3. This may or may not resolve all of your issues.

Finally, Update your drivers as needed as well. Again, this may or may not resolve all of your issues.

Updating may take you some time, and you may need some time to allow an issue to present itself after updating. I will be watching for your replies.

Hmmm... I thought I may have mistyped the path, but I see that I did have it correct...
Not having that directory seems a bit odd to me.
SInce there is no file to compare... did you at least compare to the information in my last post...

Filename: tdi.sys
Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Do not spend too much time worrying about this. I was just wanting to confirm that this file was the original file provided by MS, and not a trojan (or...) hiding under that name.

Go ahead and update to SP3 and update drivers. This may resolve your issues.
If it does not, there are other things we can explore.

can my intel gma 950 handle warcraft dota lan game? because it commonly crashes when i play warcraft with garena(ggclient)...

ill try to get my hands on an sp3....thanks!

this latest bsod...crashed with TDI.sys and Cdaudio.sys

generally productivity computers are NOT designed for gaming - these are graphics card intensive. If it does work, it will work only on low quality settings and perhaps slow.

if you suspect ram issues, run memtest from a floppy or cd for 7 passes. Any errors are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back