What is best "shared memory or built in video memory" for laptop

I want 2 purchase a laptop. and i am confused in shared memory and built in memory.
I want 512MB of video memory.

1. (Video Memory) = Up to 1309 MB Total Available Graphics Memory &(Ram 3GB)
2. (Video Memory) = shared & (Ram 2GB)

1 and 2 are the two spec's avilable in market. suggest me which one i purchase.

Not knowing which graphics adapters they are makes it really hard to know which to recommend. A ton of video memory on a very low end card or low end integrated GPU isn't going to help much.

What's the purpose of this laptop?

"Shared memory" is memory that is installed directly on the motherboard, the VGA uses the computer motherboard RAM. The 1309MB number you've quoted is subtracted from available system RAM as needed

"Discreet Video RAM" is memory that is installed on the video card, and does NOT use any of the motherboard RAM. This would be as a video card that you might install in a desktop

Most laptops have, "integrated graphics", meaning they all use the "shared memory" configuration. Only very high end "gaming laptops" or "desktop replacement" machines, would ship with a discreet video card.

Both specs you quote seem to be saying the same thing, video shared memory. All other things being equal, the 3GB system would be the more capable of the two.

With that being said, I hope I've understood your post correctly.

In any event, you should post all the specs to the two laptops you're considering, since just the installed RAM isn't the only thing you should consider. In fact you could just post the model numbers and manufacturers, as it's very easy to Google the specs from there.

I want 512MB of video memory.
Lol good luck if you're trying to play games.

In any event, you should post all the specs to the two laptops you're considering, since just the installed RAM isn't the only thing you should consider. In fact you could just post the model numbers and manufacturers, as it's very easy to Google the specs from there.

Back