What is the best gaming console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g4mer

PS3 or XBOX360 or Nintendo Wii? Is there any other gaming console besides these 3?

PS3 or XBOX360 or Nintendo Wii? Is there any other gaming console besides these 3?

There is no "best" it's all about what you like. If you want to know which one hardware wise has the most potential and power that would surely be the PS3 followed by the 360 and the weakest being the Wii. However all three are still inferior to a custom built PC and always will be.

If you are referring to "best" by quality of games then it's all up what you enjoy. All three consoles have great quality games, so let us know what you enjoy and we can give you a better opinion :) .

PS: In this generation of consoles those are the only major three, there might be some knock off brands but none that play AAA titles. Maybe next generation we'll see another Sega console :stickout: .

PS: In this generation of consoles those are the only major three, there might be some knock off brands but none that play AAA titles. Maybe next generation we'll see another Sega console :stickout: .

Relic, will you be the first in lline??? :D

Relic, will you be the first in lline??? :D

Maybe :D, I wanted the Dreamcast when it first came out but couldn't get it :( . A friend had one and I loved it, too bad they were ahead of there time. Rumors around the net say Sega is looking into getting back next gen, then again rumors on the net say a lot =/ . And honestly they are in a pretty good position right now, so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Had all 3.
Traded in the Xbox360 due to not having played it for ~6 months.
Most decent titles are now being released on PS3 & Xbox360. Prefer the PS3 menus, hardware and controller. And it being a bluray player. Find the majority of the PS3 games are rated 15 or 18, so it seems to be targetted at an adult audience.

Wii is fun for parties/occassional multiplayer games but for me the novelty of waving the controllers wears off quickly. Particularly so when a large number of the titles for the Wii aren't very involving. Graphics are quite far behind Xbox360/PS3 as well if that's any concern to you. But you do seem to do get child friendly titles a lot more for the Wii.

They say the new Xbox redesign has less overheating problems, so less RRODs. Xbox has lots of good games, I'd go with that console.

Shooters and RTS are silly on console, so SSBM is one of the better games, gamecube imo.
But still, I have a gamecube, and I haven't seen it for years.

Pikmin, HK, Pikmin. My son has played both Gamecube offerinfgs and though I don't console I have to admit one of the most unique and original concepts I have ever seen.

So dust that GC off!

I'd recommend the ps3, but who knows you might love the 360 more. It's all opinion, if your going to get a 360, you definitely should get the slim for many hardware reasons and you'll save money. The 360 slim tho is very new and might suffer from just as bad hardware problems as before so only time will time. The reason id recommend the ps3 is from experience, i found it to be the most enjoyable, plus I love the bluray and free online. Despite it's bad history Ps3 actually has alot of games released and being released. 360 probably has a better(will cost you less $) used game library. The wii is fun but I find it to be only fun with friends. The 2 people I know who bought a wii got bored of it fast. Most games these days are coming out for both ps3/360 so either way you go there should be plenty to keep you from being disappointed. Ps3 exclusives look and run better than 360s, but 360 tends to have a larger gaming library because its older and 'was' easier to produce from. Nothing beats a good pc in the end, but that cost a lot of money.

PS3 -> from what I hear xbox will evenutally crap out on you with some red ring of death - the ps3 however is reliable
Xbox live costs omoney - while PSN if free
HALO isn't as good as die hards say it is
PS3 has:
god of war, uncharted, assassins creed, mw2, gran turismo

I've played them all and I prefer the PS3 for a few reasons:

1) Free online play aka PSN (Xbox Live costs money yearly)
2) Has a complete html browser with Flash support (Xbox 360 and Wii do not)
3) Doubles as a blu ray player
4) no need to buy adapters and wires for hd or chargers. meaning that to use hd all you need is a plasma/lcd/led tv and an hdmi wire. The power cord to the ps3 is the same as ones on desktops so if you lose it you can just use a pc power cord. And the ps3 controllers use usb chargers
5) No red ring of death
6) GAMES!!! There are amazing games for Xbox 360 and PS3 but the PS3 has more quality games. Besides Halo and mass effect 2 there aren't any Xbox exclusive games I want and I prefer COD MWF2 over Halo anyway.

All in all get a PS3. If you decide to get an Xbox 360 its not bad but you could get a lot more with the Ps3. Definitely don't get a Wii. Its for little kids not for gamers (except of course SSBB!)

I don't have any experience with the new xbox 360 but mine is noisy as hell. My PS3, on the other hand, is as quiet as can be. Plus I use it for blu-rays all the time, and now that netflix is available on all 3 consoles, xbox 360 doesn't have any particularly appealing bonuses. Unless you're a fan of gow or halo...

Heres why I ercently bought a xbox 360 over a ps3.

They are way cheaper, 150$ for a new xbox 360. (bundled with a controller 2 crappy games and cords)
The new motion thing called kinect coming out in november looks cool, its a camera that follow your body movements no controller needed.

Bad things about xbox 360

Prone to failure, the ones with older model motherboards
Cannot play blue ray
50$ for a year of internet play compared to free ps3

Side note the ps3 will have a motion controller in november like the wii (I still think the controllerless xbox360 motion detector is way cooler)

Personally my vote is for the ps3.
Only reason I have that hasn't been listed is between my PS3 and gaming PC I can play just about any of the games I want to. Already had the gaming PC so why by and Xbox360 that will run just about the same games.

I also have a Wii, but there really isn't much I want to play on it. I have a copy of Super Smash Bros. and might get into the Metroids again but that's about it. Most of the Wii games are aimed at a younger audience or casual gamers - so might be great if you had kids.

Linux OS on PS3?

I heard i can install Linux Ubuntu OS on Play Station 3, and make it work like a PC. Is that right ?

i think you can install it on the older PS3s (not the new slims) and have limited functionality...

and there's no doubt the PS3 triumphs over the 360 and Wii from a technical standpoint. anyone who disputes that will be banned :)

No

Not with the latest update. (Or the one before it.) I know of no way to do it with the Game OS still intact. There is no supported way now. And I agree mopar man.

The best gaming console is the Dreamcast. Phantasy Star Online... <3

But in all seriousness,I think the best console is a matter of opinion and what you want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back