What is the best graphics card my computer can handle?

I have a pretty old PC but I want to know what is the best graphics card it can handle.
System Specs:
Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz
1.50 GB RAM DDR2
Currently have no graphics card installed
ASUS Goldfish3 Motherboard
400w PSU
I'm looking for a good graphics card that this PC can handle that uses a traditional PCI port and for a reasonable price (around $70 - $100).
Let me know if any more info is needed.

I personally don't recommend purchasing PCI video cards, however here is an answer to your inquiry.

Newegg search for PCI cards that are based around the last few generations of technology. All of which should be fine with a 400W power supply. To be honest anything requiring a larger power supply, would be greatly bottlenecked by a P4 system anyway.

Any GPU that runs on PCI wont be fast. PCI has very low bandwidth vs PCIe x16. I wouldnt invest in any PCI card and just save up for a modern PC.

What jc said I had a pentium 4 like 3 months ago I kept upgrading it over the years but it was always a waste of money which I could of saved for a better pc your best bet is to hold on the pc on how it is and save up for a new one

Just buy a new computer, my friend.

Even a super budget G2020 build will be able to support a 7850 2GB or 650Ti Boost.

Back