What is the first thing you're doing after pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going Christmas shopping.....In stores......I don't give a **** if its in July. Ill shop for my self.

Things look bleak now I know. We had almost 4000 deaths just today. One day.
To put into perspective. We lost 12k people to Swine Flu in 13 months.

@scavengerspc Well, I'm pretty much of a recluse anyway, so this isn't much of a terrible inconvenience anyway. The evening news is however a continual fear inducing dumpster fire. Between Trump's antics, coronavirus stats, BLM movement, the murder rate here in Philly, and Channel 3's pretty but well overweight weather lady's endless repetition. (I've been watching and hoping she'd lose some of baby weight for years now).

With that rudeness out of the way, I thought I'd try and cheer up any gamer who might be involved with this thread. After all, they never go out anyway do they? (just kidding).

This little ditty is based on The Elder Scrolls, "Skyrim". (Which I'm told is/or was, quite popular)

For anybody interested or involved with music, the song shares its chord progression with Loreena McKennitt's, "The Bonny Swans". (You'd need to be familiar with Ms. McKennitt's music to get that joke).

Anyway, the song is in D minor, save for the last refrain which raises to Em. The last note their singer hits is E5, (Robert Plant would be in awe the way this man hits that note).

Ahem, sorry for running on.

@scavengerspc Well, I'm pretty much of a recluse anyway, so this isn't much of a terrible inconvenience anyway. The evening news is however a continual fear inducing dumpster fire. Between Trump's antics, coronavirus stats, BLM movement, the murder rate here in Philly, and Channel 3's pretty but well overweight weather lady's endless repetition. (I've been watching and hoping she'd lose some of baby weight for years now).

With that rudeness out of the way, I thought I'd try and cheer up any gamer who might be involved with this thread. After all, they never go out anyway do they? (just kidding).

This little ditty is based on The Elder Scrolls, "Skyrim". (Which I'm told is/or was, quite popular)

For anybody interested or involved with music, the song shares its chord progression with Loreena McKennitt's, "The Bonny Swans". (You'd need to be familiar with Ms. McKennitt's music to get that joke).

Anyway, the song is in D minor, save for the last refrain which raises to Em. The last note their singer hits is E5, (Robert Plant would be in awe the way this man hits that note).

Ahem, sorry for running on.
Well, there is always bad news and it's all around us. Though I think 2020 took it all to new heights. The biggest problem was Donald Trump. He denied the obvious, made baseless claims with no proof, and tried to sick his sycophants on their fellow Countrymen with no other motive than to see his will perpetuated.
And all in the name of, who? Donald Trump. The Republican party is full of collaborators and will be remembered as such.

Anyway, I thought the song was quite good but I'm really not into game music or the indie scene so I really can't comment on that further.

There are bright sides to this though. There are now 3 vaccines, and the thinkers among the US population will be able to protect themselves in ways not possible before. The trumpanzee dipshits will have only a fraction of the chance to infect others than they did when they chose to ignore some very simple safety guidelines.
You know, I can't help but think that just like in politics where it seems like 8 out of 10 COVID infections were Repubie\CONServative, that the same follows in the general population as a whole. So, you know, silver lining.

So, like I said keep your chin up and I will buy you a Bacardi and Coke when this winds down. Maybe that can be the first thing I do when it's over.

Keep in mind if you will my favorite go-to about the pandemic.
"Masks are not a political statement. They are an IQ test".

Last edited:
Well, there is always bad news and it's all around us. Though I think 2020 took it all to new heights. The biggest problem was Donald Trump. He denied the obvious, made baseless claims with no proof, and tried to sick his sycophants on their fellow Countrymen with no other motive than to see his will perpetuated.
And all in the name of, who? Donald Trump. The Republican party is full of collaborators and will be remembered as such.
Although I don't have the credentials to validate this claim, Donald Trump is certifiably insane. He's a sociopath. Normally, that wouldn't be too much of a problem. Plenty of CEOs, lawyers, and politicians qualify a such, at the very least in certain characteristics of their personalities. Taking into account only those who manage to integrate themselves into society as a whole, sociopaths are normally quite intelligent, and and the "over achievers", are charismatic enough to appeal to large numbers of like minded people, who share similar goals. Trump's appeal, and a chunk of his base consists of white supremacist groups, whose calling card is the Maltese cross and the swastika . This immediately evokes a comparison to Adolf Hitler.

Where Trump, "distinguishes himself", is the fact that he's a pathological liar, with a massive ego problem. If every person in the US affirmed Joe Biden's win, there would still be one person in the country who still refused to the accept the results, spoiled , big headed little donny.. In fact he will never accept the results

Trumpsy is certifiably insane. In fact, he's at the point where he should be removed from office via the 25th amendment, section 4.
Anyway, I thought the song was quite good but I'm really not into game music or the indie scene so I really can't comment on that further.
Well, "Dragonforce", is a unique niche I categorize as, "fantasy martial power metal". They're not my main musical fare, but rather a "guilty pleasure", on my part. You just sort of crank them up, and let the power of the music envelope you. Point of fact, I don't even game, but I can appreciate the immersion in massive battles must be exciting. But over the decades I picked up a love for everything from country to Bach organ fugues. (With even an occasional excursion into the "Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"). No jazz though. absolutely no jazz.

I'm more into music by deeper thinkers, such as Jethro Tull, Jackson Browne, Al Stewart, and the Strawbs. But all of those are, "rock from the progressive era".
I'll post what I consider a few "thought provoking tracks", or maybe just, "dismal music to quarantine by"

Al Stewart chronicles the WWII German invasion of Russia in, "Roads to Moscow"

Jethro Tull's nostalgic lament to the end of the horse drawn are:

The Strawbs superimpose the tragedy of heroin addiction, over the story of Jason and the golden fleece

And lastly, (I know you're thinking "thank god) a symphonic metal band, "Kamelot" This is from a two album cycle, based loosely on Goethe's, Faustus

There are bright sides to this though. There are now 3 vaccines, and the thinkers among the US population will be able to protect themselves in ways not possible before. The trumpanzee dipshits :laughing:will have only a fraction of the chance to infect others than they did when they chose to ignore some very simple safety guidelines.
This first thing that springs to mind on my part, is that while they're carrying signs saying, "don't tread on me", sane people should be carrying signs, "That's fine, just don't cough, sneeze, breath, or come near me"
You know, I can't help but think that just like in politics where it seems like 8 out of 10 COVID infections were Repubie\CONServative, that the same follows in the general population as a whole. So, you know, silver lining.
The thing that springs to mind, is after is after being provided with a helicopter, the finest military doctors in the country, a presidential suite at Walter Reed, and experimental drugs costing perhaps $100,000, he summoned the extreme hubris to waddle out on the White House balcony, and proclaimed, "covid is nothing to be afraid of, don't let it run your life". (Just what the country needed, a pathological liar, hopped up on steroids).

So, like I said keep your chin up and I will buy you a Bacardi and Coke when this winds down. Maybe that can be the first thing I do when it's over.
Sounds good.
Words to live by...... (especially at my age) (y) (Y)

Last edited:
Well my life hasnt really changed at all, still working just as many hours, still going out to eat, still enjoying the same activities. Shockingly I've not died, neither has anyone else in the group. It'll be nice to get drinks at 2AM after a long x wing session again though.
Funny, I could replace "donald trump" with "DNC" and your statement would be equally correct.

There are bright sides to this though. There are now 3 vaccines, and the thinkers among the US population will be able to protect themselves in ways not possible before. The trumpanzee dipshits will have only a fraction of the chance to infect others than they did when they chose to ignore some very simple safety guidelines.

Hi Moviebob. You may want to dobule check your numbers, because the vast majority of deaths and cases are in urban areas, which tend to vote democrat. The worst hotspot for deaths per capita in the US is very liberal New York City. And major case spikes occured regardless of lock downs, mask mandates, or political voting lines. Shocking, I know.

Hi Moviebob. You may want to dobule check your numbers, because the vast majority of deaths and cases are in urban areas, which tend to vote democrat. The worst hotspot for deaths per capita in the US is very liberal New York City. And major case spikes occured regardless of lock downs, mask mandates, or political voting lines. Shocking, I know.
I think you should reorient your thinking, and center it around population density and failure to follow CDC guidelines, ratheer than trying to turn it into an issue of politics.

Incidentally, NYC did have their covid issue fairly well controlled, until Republicans and Democrats alike, decided to do whatever they want regarding traveling and social activities, throwing caution to the winds. NYC's streets were empty in a lock down, and rats took over. If you listen to Trump's bullsh!t, they probably even voted in the November election:

If you want to push conspiracy theories, I'll start one for you. It's been proven that covid spikes were caused by infected Republicans, coughing in voting booths, if they were aware that a Democrat would be next in line to use the booth.

Last edited:
Funny, I could replace "donald trump" with "DNC" and your statement would be equally correct.
Go ahead. Delusion is free.
You may want to dobule check your numbers
Why don't you do it? You seem quite sure. I'll be watching.
Shockingly I've not died
Well, at least something good came from your post ;)
I think you should reorient your thinking, and center it around population density and failure to follow CDC guidelines, ratheer than trying to turn it into an issue of politics.
Sums it up.

Last edited:
Well Kidz, after a Trump and Juliani inspired/instigated violent assault on our Capitol, Joe Biden has been officially certified as the President elect. All we can do now is hold our breaths, and hope that Biden can make good on his campaign promises toward vaccine distribution and economic relief.

In other matters, rumor has it that Trump's cabinet is considering removing him from office, pursuant to Amendment 25 of the US Constitution, section 4, (physically or mentally unfit for office).

This seems to have come as a surprise to the media. I say, "Hesus Kristo, isn't it about f**king time? (I've been suggesting that as the best course of action since November 4, 2020).

Well Kidz, after a Trump and Juliani inspired/instigated violent assault on our Capitol, Joe Biden has been officially certified as the President elect. All we can do now is hold our breaths, and hope that Biden can make good on his campaign promises toward vaccine distribution and economic relief.
I think Biden will be able to fix trump's policies on not having a distribution policy.
Also I believe that economic relief will be much easier to do the right way.

Mostly because, let's face reality here, a bottle of cooking oil could do a better job than trump has in those 2 areas. Well pretty much in any area.
In other matters, rumor has it that Trump's cabinet is considering removing him from office, pursuant to Amendment 25 of the US Constitution, section 4, (physically or mentally unfit for office).
I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree that a sitting President must be removed. He will burn this place down if he gets a further pass. So he must be heavily watched or kick out.

I wonder how many people realize that we are being mocked by Russia and Turkey. Imagine that Putin and Erdogan have the high ground here. Unbelievable. We owe that to trump and his highly trained monkeys.

Biden needs to have a spine installed, surgically if necessary. Every last possible terrorist at the White House yesterday must be punished and every last trumpanzee is a co-conspirator.

I will be laughing at the Dems when they finally come to the realization their schemes failed.
At 3:39 AM EST, January 7, 2021, Vice President Michael Pence brought the gavel down in the senate, after certifying the electoral vote count, confirming Joseph R. Biden' as the president elect, to be inaugurated date certain, January 20, 2021

Last edited:
At 3:39 AM EST, January 7, 2021, Vice President Michael Pence brought the gavel down in the senate, after certifying the electoral vote count, confirming Joseph R. Biden' as the president elect, to be inaugurated date certain, January 20, 2021
A black ritual undertaken during the darkest part of the night. Apropos.

A black ritual undertaken during the darkest part of the night. Apropos.
The black ritual is leaving after 4 years of damage and lies. For the first time since the American Presidency went orange, we have a successful Democratic process not corrupted or bastardized.
Your corrupt hero has cost you CONS the White House and both branches of Congress in only 2 election cycles. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of traitors.

Save your breath. Co conspiracy is very ugly on you.

The black ritual is leaving after 4 years of damage and lies. For the first time since the American Presidency went orange, we have a successful Democratic process not corrupted or bastardized.
Your corrupt hero has cost you CONS the White House and both branches of Congress in only 2 election cycles. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of traitors.

Save your breath. Co conspiracy is very ugly on you.
Well I hope you enjoy eating bugs and living in a mud hut, because that's where we're headed - the ones that live, anyway.

Well I hope you enjoy eating bugs and living in a mud hut, because that's where we're headed - the ones that live, anyway.
Why would we enjoy the CONServative way of life? We rejected that centuries ago.

Anyway, thanks to a very political Grandfather I know for a fact that CONServatives have been making similar "predictions" since the '50s. You do not have a good track record. In fact you are zero for life. Yep. A .000 batting average.

Last edited:
I think you're over not thinking with that comment.

But yes, if the economy collapses further, we'll be eating bugs. The fault there lies with the corona virus, and Donald Trump's lethargic response, denial of the severity of the virus itself, "it'll just go away", along with his protracted, false, inflammatory rhetoric, about the election, to the dereliction of his executive duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back