What is the max power I can do with dv6000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I use my laptop as a gaming device and for other stuff like homework and surfing the web fast and such. We have a desktop but are getting into laptops so we have more space in the rooms.

My current specs are:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000)
System Manufacturer: HP
System Mode: HP Pavilion dv6000
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 (2CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory:958MB Ram

I am wondering if it is possible to add a new processor in this laptop, what size does it need to be and such.

I am also wondering how much ram can the new processor hold if i can replace mines with around 2.33GHz- 2.8 GHz

Also what size is the hard drive of laptops and what is the max being made now?

Your laptop is not Pavilion dv6000. Dv6000 is a huge seriesof different models. See the sticker on the bootom for the exact model number.

Replacing a CPU in a laptop is tricky and expensive. Not worth the effort.

The processor has got nothing to do with maximum supported memory. Increasing the RAM size to 2GB or more will most certainly give you an instant speed boost, especially with Windows Vista. (Another option would be to leave the RAM at 1GB and use Windows XP :p )

I believe the largest standard-sized laptop hard drives are 320GB. Again, are you sure that you need to upgrade? You could just get an external USB hard drive for storage.

Nodsu said:
Your laptop is not Pavilion dv6000. Dv6000 is a huge seriesof different models. See the sticker on the bootom for the exact model number.

Replacing a CPU in a laptop is tricky and expensive. Not worth the effort.

The processor has got nothing to do with maximum supported memory. Increasing the RAM size to 2GB or more will most certainly give you an instant speed boost, especially with Windows Vista. (Another option would be to leave the RAM at 1GB and use Windows XP :p )

I believe the largest standard-sized laptop hard drives are 320GB. Again, are you sure that you need to upgrade? You could just get an external USB hard drive for storage.

Well Its not necessary as I am currently using 120 GB with some space. I think I will just get two 1GB ram sticks and a new graphics card.

in general most laptops do not have the capability of changing graphics cards with a few exceptions. Mostly high end specialty systems that cost big $.

You would be better off with adding ram and a fast hard drive.

Also read the speeding up windows guide in the guides forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back