What kind of monitor is this?? and how much??? please help

By Melei ยท 4 replies
May 7, 2007
  1. I recently saw my friends new alienware laptop, and when it is off, the screen looks like a shaded mirror. It is very very glossy and reflective. When he turns it on the visuals look very sharp and amazing. I would love to know what kind of monitor this is, and if one would be available for a desktop computer, not just a normal laptop. Thank you.

    Alex Rose
  2. raybay

    raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +10

    Easy enough to get the model number, then type it into a Google search, or go to the Alienware site.
    Or just do a search for monitors...
    Sony also has them on laptops so probably has them as full desktop monitors.
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

    Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,443   +38

    I guess it is a Dell UltraSharp. Man they are sweet!
    As for ur 'problem', get the AlienWare's model number from the website, click the customize link for that model and check out all the options they have listed for that model under Monitors.
  4. LinkedKube

    LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,485   +45

    You can get that glossy surface just about on any monitor, its not anything special, just looks pretty. The Dell Ultra sharp monitors dont have the glossy lcd unless you request it. Plus Dell lcds are a rip for the price anyway.
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

    Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,443   +38

    Dell UltraSharp LCDs are worth the price 'cause the color quality and contrast you get on them, not to mention the fast response times, are unbeatable.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...