What makes a game good?

A game is good when time passes by so fast while you play it. There are some games I played where I experience that. I like Conquer Age so much. But when I want a break from too much MMO game, I play my past time game which is the Honeyday Blitz 2. I didn't think anything of it cus it's the same gameplay with Candy Crush. The hexagonal layout may be a small thing, but adds a lot more fun. Really gotta look closely for the next move.

In my opinion, a good game is the one which can take you into a different world all together. A game which brings in fun and mental challenges at the same time. A game that would get me engrossed in it would be the best game according to me.

I agree that it should have you seeing and feeling through the eyes of the character you play. I find it funny when people talk about VR making your brain believe you are really there like it's a new thing. Motion pictures have been doing this all along, and good, well written games can do it too. Its not all about graphics or technology, it's as much to do with how it's told, how its edited and directed as well as the acting.

Back