What motherboard do I need for 2500K?

Hi all i'm new in this forum and have a question for you .
I want change my processor with a Core i5 2500K.
I need change my motherboard cause i have AMD processor.
I have a small budget, approximately 150£.

I presume you are in the UK (judging by the £)
You need not spend £150 unless you have an overwhelming need for eSATA and a boatload of USB and SATA ports. since most P67 or Z68 boards have roughly the same performance -including overclocking (which is why you opted for the "K" unlocked CPU I expect)

All of these budget boards are good performers.
MSI P67A-GD53 (B3 (£104) -review here or -GD55 for £120 (same board with a front panel USB3.0 header).
If you are looking at using the CPU's graphics then the board that Ritwik suggested would be a good choice. Also handy if you upgrade graphics cards regularly -you can sell the previous card to finance the purchase of the next, and use the onboard video while you wait for the new card.

If you're looking for a few more bells-and-whistles then:
Asus P67 Sabertooth (£148) is a very good performer and ships with a 5 year warranty.[review 1],[review 2],[review 3]
Asus P8Z68-V PRO (£149) if onboard video is important to you.[review 1],[review 2], [review 3]
The Gigabyte boards are also well appointed, but seem a little expensive in the UK compared with the Asus and MSI boards with comparable feature sets.

Back