Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Panda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried all of the above and you have miss a few more like: F-Prot, F-Secured, ClamAV, PC Tools Anti-Virus an etc.. But after using NAV since day 1 back in the early 90s then switching to so many others you have listed above, the only one that really works is NOD32.

Now is this more of a question which Security Suite Software that contains, firewall, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-spyware an etc..? Then I would recommend none when they integrate them you have more headaches than you do with using others from third parties.

NOD32 for anti-virus
(real-time protection on, auto-updates on, schedule weekly deep scans)

PC Tools Firewall Plus
(free version) use advanced mode monitoring tie into your NIC as service

Spyware Terminator (latest free version)
real-time protection, HIPS, auto-updates, schedule full scans daily off-peak times

Spyware Blaster (latest free-version 4.x)
For IE 7 and Firefox.. Although you have to manually update the software it's does a pretty good job to protect the browsers, but still need the ST above and Ad Muncher below.

Ad Muncher (for everything else)
This one works auto mode you can add your own list to remove ads and content to save a lot of bandwidth.

Tighten up your router using Firewall filtering: access by IP and MAC address off the same subnet gateway computers. Both wired routers and wireless routers and wireless access points use the Encryption Method and don't use the same common string for passwords. Try a random strings generated by third party software this is usually for free or you can make something else up!

To fight this battle you can do what I had mentioned above... Good luck!.

Nod 32 Internet security FTW!

Really fast, not annoying and I've never run into anything yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back