What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

CameronBater

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford £1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

So the LGA1155 is a motherbord that the processor runs on but you recomend the Asus P8Z77-V LK also what do you mean by a GPU and what should I get for the best experience?
Would you have any suggestions on what power supply and cooling system to use for this computer? (bearing in mind I would like it to be a quiet as possible)

So the LGA1155 is a motherbord that the processor runs on but you recomend the Asus P8Z77-V LK also what do you mean by a GPU and what should I get for the best experience?
Would you have any suggestions on what power supply and cooling system to use for this computer? (bearing in mind I would like it to be a quiet as possible)

The P8Z77-V LK is a motherboard. The LGA1155 socket is embedded into the motherboard. A GPU is vital for gaming since that is what processes the visual aspects of the game.

The power supply matters on what components you purchase. If you buy a high end GPU, you will need at least 500 watts. As for the cooling system, if you arent OCing, you dont need anything. If you are OCing (overclocking), then get a nice cooler like the Hyper 212 Evo.

What's your budget for this build? I noticed you didn't want to spend £1,000+ on the machine. If you provide us with a budget we can make this process a little easier for you.

What's your budget for this build? I noticed you didn't want to spend £1,000+ on the machine. If you provide us with a budget we can make this process a little easier for you.

I'm sort of taking it as it comes, Here's what I have so far

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor £170
Asus P8Z77-V LK Desktop Motherboard - Intel Z77 Express Chipset - Socket H2 £89.96
Western Digital Black - 3.5 inch 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM £65.76
Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Module Black 2x £115.86
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 With COA Sticker & Product Key: W7U64OSP1
£52.50
So my total so far would be £496.08, When I referred above to the 1000+ pound thing I really meant that I can't afford it all at once, so if I end up spending that much over a longer time then that's fine. I'm really doing it this way as I can probably afford to buy a few parts a month and eventually in the next few months I will be able to start building it.

Good build so far. Now you need a GPU and case. How much money do you still have left for the GPU and Case?

I know you havent given your budget for graphics card/case yet, but if you are looking for a REALLY well built case, I cant help but recommend the corsair C70. I just got mine and its sturdier than any other case ive owned as well as noob friendly (I have decent experience with computers, just not with cable management and motherboard/cpu installation).

It also looks awesome, but thats subject to the opinion of the user.

If thats too much, you could get an antec 300/antec 300 illusion.

I have been looking into GPUs tonight and found one that looks as if it will work, its an Asus HD 7770 2GB AMD Radeon Graphics Card will this work with the setup I have so far?[FONT=Trebuchet][/FONT]

The 7770 2GB wont be much better than the 650 ti boost. Id jump personally jump for a 7850 at that price range.

The 7770 2GB wont be much better than the 650 ti boost. Id jump personally jump for a 7850 at that price range.

The AFOX AMD Radeon HD7850 2GB GDDR5 256-Bit PCle3 Low Profile Gaming Graphics Card would be the way to go then? and at £228.95 it seems fairly reasonably priced.

I'm sort of taking it as it comes, Here's what I have so far

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor £170
Asus P8Z77-V LK Desktop Motherboard - Intel Z77 Express Chipset - Socket H2 £89.96
Western Digital Black - 3.5 inch 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM £65.76
Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Module Black 2x £115.86
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 With COA Sticker & Product Key: W7U64OSP1
£52.50
So my total so far would be £496.08, When I referred above to the 1000+ pound thing I really meant that I can't afford it all at once, so if I end up spending that much over a longer time then that's fine. I'm really doing it this way as I can probably afford to buy a few parts a month and eventually in the next few months I will be able to start building it.
It's generally not a good idea to purchase piecemeal simply because by the time you purchase the last items, the initial components you bought would also be cheaper. Having said that, if you're the type that has trouble saving then I'd recommend at least going with the latest components.

Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4 GHz Quad CPU (boxed retail £176.99
Asus Z87-K motherboard £98.89
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 C9 RAM £59.99
Your OS and hard drive seem solid choices/prices from what I've seen.
Use the integrated graphics initially, and make the graphics card the last purchase since they devalue faster than the Argentine Peso - the prices and models quoted today will have little or no relevance in a couple of months.

I'm going to have to look into it soon so can anyone recommend any Bluray/DVD and CD/DVD rom drives that are good for both burning and gaming/viewing purposes?

I have an older model, I purchased nearly 2 years ago looks exactly like that one. I haven't had any issues with the drive at all. I am very pleased with it.

I was buying HP drives for a while, but they all seem to suffer from mechanical issues. I could never find a HP drive that didn't have problems, with the CD tray door opening. I finally said no more, I'm buying a different brand than HP.

I have an older model, I purchased nearly 2 years ago looks exactly like that one. I haven't had any issues with the drive at all. I am very pleased with it.

I was buying HP drives for a while, but they all seem to suffer from mechanical issues. I could never find a HP drive that didn't have problems, with the CD tray door opening. I finally said no more, I'm buying a different brand than HP.

I do think HP have taken a hit recently, They're up there with Epson on the printer front if you want a good cheap printer but apart from that they don't do much else that's good, every now and again they come up with a good Desktop or laptop but that's about it.

That should be about it - but do I need a CAT 5E board to use internet? Or even better is there a WIFI/CAT 5E combo that I can install?

That should be about it - but do I need a CAT 5E board to use internet? Or even better is there a WIFI/CAT 5E combo that I can install?
"CAT 5E" is a Ethernet cable specification, that is completely irrelevant to purchasing Ethernet cards. CAT 5E cables can be used with 10/100/1000 Ethernet. CAT 6 is recommended if you are running more than one cable together for any distances at all. I'm not absolutely positive but I think CAT 6 has better shielding, to prevent cross talk at higher frequencies.

As to the question you were really meaning to ask, I'm not sure I follow. Some motherboards have options for WIFI, most don't. WIFI cards to the best of my knowledge never have Ethernet ports. However nearly all motherboards have Ethernet ports for wired networking. And all motherboard over the last few years have had 10/100/1000 connectivity, which would require at least CAT 5E cabling for the best communication possible.

Back