What's holding me back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batteryacid100

I've attached my dxdiag file.

Ive got about 200$'s to spend on an upgrade, and I wanted to know what I should upgrade to make the most difference in performance for running games like Prototype, or Bioshock 2. I usually stick with Intel and Geforce for a video card and cpu.

Hope this the right place to post this type of question.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    46.3 KB · Views: 7
I would get the 5770, not a bad card. Thought your CPU will probably hold you back, and your powersupply also probably can't support it.

How can I tell if my power supply can handle the 5770?

-Also there is a ton of different 5770 cards red1776 linked, so whats the difference between them all? i can't make much sense out of the specs.

-Also there is a ton of different 5770 cards red1776 linked, so whats the difference between them all? i can't make much sense out of the specs.
Nothing, may as well get the cheapest one. Or the cheapest saphire/xfx brand because they're very good.

How can I tell if my power supply can handle the 5770?
Do you know anything about your powersupply? If not you can start by getting that information and posting it.

Ahh...well, technically I think your powersupply is strong enough, but I think that is a rather old powersupply, so i'm not really familiar with it.

The PSU should be fine. Wattage and amperage on the 12V rails is enough to handle the HD 5770.

ah got my card works fine. I registered but it didnt ask me for any thing specific, like the serial number on the card just what type of card it was. does doing that really give me a life time warranty? all it really seemed to do was register my email. Thought ive never bought single parts before just whole computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back