What's with the Microsoft 365?

red1776

Is anyone else being whisked to a new tab and a MS 365 30 trial ad every time they click on the picture gallery?

**** Edit...scratch that, whenever they click on anything here? I ran my anti-virus and malwarebytes and its not that.

I believe it's just an advertising popup that TechSpot probably agreed to. My Firefox blocks it but I took a look at it anyway to see what it was.

Are you sure about that Mail? It's not happy with the one tab if you leave it open...it opens a new advert in a separate tab every time I !#@%! click on anything. It's REALLY annoying

For TS management: I am assuming this is not what you had in mind. This is what my tab bar looks like after five clicks going to different forums. It quite literally opens a new tab after every click.
wthk.png

I'm getting two new tabs on the Office 365 as soon as I logon and go to the Control Panel.

Just to add to this, I'm not getting any in Google-Chrome. I'm not using a pop-up blocker either, but haven't seen a single advert like your describing.

Seems strange I'm getting nothing and your being bombarded Red. :confused:

I just logged back in and got the initial two tabs for Office 365, then about 5 seconds later another two tabs were launched. Snapshot attached.

While attaching the screen shot another two tabs popped up making a total of six. I'm using IE 9 with no ad pop-up blocker. I'll go ahead this but another two just popped up for a total of eight.

Attachments

• Office365.jpg
    Office365.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm sure that my browser blocks it but I'm not sure that TechSpot itself has anything to do with it.

I think TS has to have something to do with it, I am not getting "Microsoft Office 365 30 day trial" popping up anywhere else. or do you mean that my browser is spawning multiple instances?

@ Mizzou, what browser are you using and getting multiple MS 365 tabs?

...or do you mean that my browser is spawning multiple instances?
No. I didn't say it right. I meant that I didn't know if TechSpot management had anything to do with it. Clearly, the popups are related to clicking on certain things in the TechSpot website. I get them too but Firefox 6.02 has been blocking them.

For whatever it's worth, I'm all over the site all day long and I haven't seen the ad (no ad blockers running either). I'll bring this thread to Julio's attention.

Hey guys, Matt just messaged me about this thread. I can confirm this is coming from us because our agency told us in advance a new Office 365 campaign was starting soon, so no viruses or malware on your end to worry about.

HAVING THAT SAID, we definitely didn't agree to any pop-ups or other intrusive ad formats, we don't like those type of formats and never agree to run them. I'm reporting this so the matter can be resolved ASAP.

Thanks for your understanding and for reporting this here.

Update: Our ad sales team was aware of the issue by the time I wrote them and had stopped the campaign until the advertiser fixed the problem.

Back