What's with this hyperlink junk in Word now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

Saved a picture off the internet, copied it into Word, rotated it and drew a couple reference lines across it.

Simple so far.

Saved it.

Opened it, all is well.

Simple so far.

Saved it onto a flash drive.

Opened it, all is well.

Simple so far.

Plugged the flash drive into another computer.

Opened it.

The picture is wrong - rotated differently.

Why?

Where does it say microsucks can't leave something alone when it halfway works and instead have to make it more complicated to make darn sure it's nearly impossible to work with?

Something about hyperlinks.

Why can't the picture just be copied and pasted, or is that too easy?

What to do to make it work?

Thanks

Disgusted With Windoze

No idea. But just screenshot the final look you want, then paste into Irfanview (Paint if you must) and save. Then import it.

So, you pasted an image inside of a Word document, saved the document to a flash drive and opened it on another computer? And the end result was your image was rotated differently?

All of my pictures have worked fine, so I'm not sure what to tell you there. But I'd be interested in knowing if both computers are running the same version of MS Word.

Something that comes to mind (and probably isn't related) is photos taken with cameras there days contain header information (EXIF data) which themselves contain the kind of camera it was taken with, date, time, fstop etc... EXIF data often contains orientation as well. A picture that is rotated with a program may not rotate properly if the program you open with orientates the photo automatically based on that information. Just a thought.

You really didn't need to spread the post out on so many lines! Making a point is fine, but wasting 'space' isn't!

As far as I can read, the only problem is that the picture is rotated differently. But you did go from system to flash to another system then open- I really don't think MS was out to get you. I think there was a glitch somewhere in one of the transfers.

By the way, what does "What's with this hyperlink junk" have to do with a crooked picture?

I checked the previous posts and did not see any malware logs. What I did see was a problem with the ZoneAlarm firewall. And that appeared to be a configuration problem. Was that resolved satisfactorily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back