When I start Vista all my programs say "(Program Name) has stopped working"

Once I logon to my vista user account on my laptop all of my programs stop working. I will attach a pdf file of what I see! I cant use certain programs like paint and notpad and others... PLEASE HELP!! I think this all started when I saterted to see the reliability metris analysis calculation error alot...I just started seeing that one and now I get the errors in the link below

also check here to see the screen I get when I log on...(the uploader said this was a big file so I couldnt upload) take a look thanks alot.

-----update I cannot upload this picture of what happening so I will type all the messages I get...

I get the
"Desktop windows manager has stopped working"
"msftstp.exe has stopped working"
"windows command processor has stopped working" (5 times)
"microsoft sync center has stopped working"

AND THE LAST ONE IS ATTACHED AS A PDF FILE

PLEASE HELP FAST THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Doc2.pdf
    101.1 KB · Views: 8
Can you try 'chkdsk' ? It is worth trying a simple check first, see what the effect is, before you do anything more serious. To use Windows 'chkdsk', in Vista, 1) Go to 'Start' type 'cmd' 2)in the list, right-click on 'cmd', choose 'Run as Administrator'
3)In the box, type, chkdsk/f (press enter) 3)type 'Y' 4) Reboot your PC and see if Windows can fix your problems with the system.

i tried ckdsk..restore point but all points that were good wernot there and finally i did system restore and wiped everything and download microsoft security essentials...everyhting is great now!

thanks for the help!

Back