Where does it connect to on the motherboard?

steelth

I'm putting an old motherboard in a new case , but the power on button connection,reset button ,and h.d.d led are all separate . On the old case there wasn't a reset button and the power and leds came in a 18 hole block connector with 1 hole blocked. i think i can figure out where the led goes maybe but the reset and power i'm not sure i figured i better ask before i screwed something up,lol.Motherboard is a N13219,Thx

they connect to the colored pins (bottom right of board) underneath your SATA connectors. Either the pins are labeled/abbreviated or you will have to look up your manual online.

Yep, check your motherboard manual, it will have each pin labeled.

I hate cases like that. I just gave one of my old cases to a friend for his first custom build and part of the reason I gave the case away was because of that. Little did I know he wanted me to walk him through building it, so I once again had to deal with all those individual wires. Not only were the front panel buttons/lights like that, but so were the USB and sound (headphones/mic) wires.

The good news is, for at least the LEDs and Power/Reset, is that even if you screw them up, the worst that can happen is the power/reset don't work or the LEDs don't light up. You aren't going to fry anything. If they don't work, you got at least 1 pin wrong, so just look it over, figure out your mistake, and try again.

"sigh" this motherboard doesn't have the common colored pins near the sata, This is a much bigger pin set in the far corner behind the PCI plugs. i'm at a loss, i seen where the power did plug into that block "looking at the old wireing and switch"but those wires are 2 white wires ,not sure which is + and -.i looked everywhere for a manual ,only none had the block like mine. so i'm not sure. If i hook it up backwards would it really screw things?

Back