Where has it all gone...time!

Zen

Well here I am sitting on my back patio, looking up into the California night sky wondering............."where has the time gone"?

I've been pondering this question for about an hour now, for earlier tonight I had sort of a High School Reunion of sorts. My old friends from high school Cliff and Sean came over tonight for a planned get together, you know dinner, beer maybe a movie and some conversation.

Well we had the dinner the steak, mashed potatoes and salad and beer were the bomb. But when it came time to watch a movie, Cliff pulled out my Miami Vice DVD box set and we agreed to watch some "blast from the past stuff", nostalgic, historic and full of childhood memories. When it was all said and done, the three of us sat upon the back patio and one of the key topics of conversation that came up was "Aaron, where the hell did the time go"?

Now this is ironic, but Cliff and Sean and myself used to do sleep overs back in high school on most Friday nights. We would make sure to watch Miami Vice on the NBC network at 10:00pm every Friday. I can remember us, sometimes just the two of us, sometimes all three, but I remember sitting there in front of the TV thinking "wow" and being dazzled by the glitz and glamour and elure of Hollywood. This was the 1980's, time for innocence, time for self exploration and a time to be apart of the "me generation"!

Just like with tonight's old Vice episodes, so much was going on in our crazy little lives around these episodes, school dances, girl friends, getting our drivers licence, getting our first jobs, getting drunk for the first time, sneaking looks at smut films behind our parents backs, sneaking out a copy of a Playboy magazine only when we thought the parents were asleep ect. ect. ect. Just a magical time in all our lives and we sit here tonight, under the stars, sipping on our drinks wondering "where the heck did the time go"?

None of us had a very good explanation of the whole "time going bye bye factor". We are adult enough and smart enough and college educated enough to know that mathematics behind the question. 60 seconds = 1 minute, 60 minutes = 1 hour, 24 hours = 1 day, 1 day x 7 = 1 week, 1 week x 4 = 1 month, 1 month x 12 = 1 year, we get that, we get the math part of this deal, but I guess we were just having a hard time with the psychological aspect of time!

I don't know why I'm sitting here on my patio, plugging all this into my lap top and kind of still tripping out a little on the whole "where did the time go" thing. The last episode of Miami Vice to air on the NBC network was 25 years ago! I'm only using Miami Vice as an example here, for it was the very instrument for tonight's perplexity. The show ran from 1984 to 1989, that would put me, Cliff and Sean smack dab from being 8th graders in Jr. High School all the way to being graduating seniors in High School.

Now trust me folks, I'm not sitting here wallowing in a condition often known as the " good ole days" syndrome. I'm not 100% stuck in the 80's, some of me is, but not all. I have had some much better times in my life since high school! Like having my Son 16 years ago, getting married to (at the time) was the best wife a man could ask for close to 18 years ago, the witnessing of the birth of several family members and friends children, being in the US Military for a period of time, trying to make a small difference in this world. The demise of my marriage via a divorce close to 3 years ago A lot of good times have transpired since high school, some bad, but tonight it just bugged us as to where it all had gone......the time!

I'll silince myself now, I guess I just had to throw this out there and maybe talk about it, I don't know!

25 years since Miami Vice, I'm 41 now so (-) 25 years and that gives you = 16, I was 16 years old..................wow! :suspiciou ;) :)

Well here I am sitting on my back patio, looking up into the California night sky wondering............."where has the time gone"?

I've been pondering this question for about an hour now, for earlier tonight I had sort of a High School Reunion of sorts. My old friends from high school Cliff and Sean came over tonight for a planned get together, you know dinner, beer maybe a movie and some conversation.

Well we had the dinner the steak, mashed potatoes and salad and beer were the bomb. But when it came time to watch a movie, Cliff pulled out my Miami Vice DVD box set and we agreed to watch some "blast from the past stuff", nostalgic, historic and full of childhood memories. When it was all said and done, the three of us sat upon the back patio and one of the key topics of conversation that came up was "Aaron, where the hell did the time go"?

Now this is ironic, but Cliff and Sean and myself used to do sleep overs back in high school on most Friday nights. We would make sure to watch Miami Vice on the NBC network at 10:00pm every Friday. I can remember us, sometimes just the two of us, sometimes all three, but I remember sitting there in front of the TV thinking "wow" and being dazzled by the glitz and glamour and elure of Hollywood. This was the 1980's, time for innocence, time for self exploration and a time to be apart of the "me generation"!

Just like with tonight's old Vice episodes, so much was going on in our crazy little lives around these episodes, school dances, girl friends, getting our drivers licence, getting our first jobs, getting drunk for the first time, sneaking looks at smut films behind our parents backs, sneaking out a copy of a Playboy magazine only when we thought the parents were asleep ect. ect. ect. Just a magical time in all our lives and we sit here tonight, under the stars, sipping on our drinks wondering "where the heck did the time go"?

None of us had a very good explanation of the whole "time going bye bye factor". We are adult enough and smart enough and college educated enough to know that mathematics behind the question. 60 seconds = 1 minute, 60 minutes = 1 hour, 24 hours = 1 day, 1 day x 7 = 1 week, 1 week x 4 = 1 month, 1 month x 12 = 1 year, we get that, we get the math part of this deal, but I guess we were just having a hard time with the psychological aspect of time!

I don't know why I'm sitting here on my patio, plugging all this into my lap top and kind of still tripping out a little on the whole "where did the time go" thing. The last episode of Miami Vice to air on the NBC network was 25 years ago! I'm only using Miami Vice as an example here, for it was the very instrument for tonight's perplexity. The show ran from 1984 to 1989, that would put me, Cliff and Sean smack dab from being 8th graders in Jr. High School all the way to being graduating seniors in High School.

Now trust me folks, I'm not sitting here wallowing in a condition often known as the " good ole days" syndrome. I'm not 100% stuck in the 80's, some of me is, but not all. I have had some much better times in my life since high school! Like having my Son 16 years ago, getting married to (at the time) was the best wife a man could ask for close to 18 years ago, the witnessing of the birth of several family members and friends children, being in the US Military for a period of time, trying to make a small difference in this world. The demise of my marriage via a divorce close to 3 years ago A lot of good times have transpired since high school, some bad, but tonight it just bugged us as to where it all had gone......the time!

I'll silince myself now, I guess I just had to throw this out there and maybe talk about it, I don't know!

25 years since Miami Vice, I'm 41 now so (-) 25 years and that gives you = 16, I was 16 years old..................wow! :suspiciou ;) :)

Well you know what they say "Time flies when you're having fun."

I've had lots of fun this past few years. I remember playing Soccer when I was in the 5th and 6th grade. I really sucked when I started playing because my legs were really not used to moving around that much. I don't mean to brag but when 6th grade arrived, I've improved really well! I even believe I was the best player! Ah.... those years were the best! Playing Soccer, Getting a chance to compete in Spelling Bee( I lost btw but it was fun!) and many more. I don't get a chance to play anymore because I have no time. I really wanna play again! I hope for more fun things to come in my life!

Let us enjoy all the fun that's going to come! :)

Let us enjoy all the fun that's going to come! :)

I get your meaning! And yes, let's all enjoy the times that lay ahead! :grinthumb

I don't really know why the 3 of us were so tripping on things like time, last night. Sometimes I guess my mind has to stop, when poised with the brutality of realism! You know, that ghost white hot feeling one gets up their spine, chest and neck, when faced with brutal realism, that sometimes has no answer or the answer is just sometimes to hard to face and or escape!

I know I'm getting older, no one can stay young forever. I know I've got a couple more wrinkles on my face, maybe a slight letting go of my once totally in shape body, maybe my reflexes have slowed down a tad, I got a head full of grey hair, I know I'm older, but sometimes I just hit a brick wall of truth, and the truth that I face is that "I'm getting old"!

But I'm better now, tonight has been a less "tripping out" night! :)

But of course, there were times in my life where things didn't go out the way I wanted it to be.

I wish I could go back in the past and 'un-do the wrongs things I've done. I really wish I could so that my future would be better. *sigh:(

The OP about time would take too much time to read. So, to save time, I content myself to the following timeless words:

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. (Groucho Marx)

Back