Where'd that last post go...

captaincranky

Would it be easily feasible to link a removed post to the "last post" column, so that a post which has been removed, doesn't continue to appear in that column, after it has been removed?

Was that last run on sentence understandable?

Do you understand that when I said, "easily", I meant "easily"? We're not trying to rock the boat, or cause anybody a bunch of extra work.

You make you post so comprehensible, it's amazing...

vBulletin caches forum info data by default and it's currently set to 10 minutes. I believe there are certain actions that trigger the reload data action before immediately, but for most of the cases (e.g. removing a spam post, I guess) the info will be refreshed in 10 minutes or less anyway, so it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Are you seeing a different behavior?

I've noticed what captaincranky described and I think the issue is it doesn't refresh and disappear. Maybe it refreshes but it doesn't disappear, at least not always. There was one that lasted for days, I think, until a few hours ago when I deleted another post in that thread and lo and behold it disappeared from the Last Post column finally.

I haven't tried it yet but I suspect there are ways around it. For example, if I unapprove a post before deleting it, I think it might no longer persist in the Last Post column. Well, maybe. I'll try it next time.

Back