Which Is My Video/Grapic Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an expert in computers and I wanna change my graphic card myself, so I wanna know which one is my graphic card , my computer is a Presario v3000

Attachments

• DSC00750.jpg
    DSC00750.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00751.jpg
    DSC00751.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00752.jpg
    DSC00752.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00753.jpg
    DSC00753.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00754.jpg
    DSC00754.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 4
The answer is none of them. Like most laptops your graphics "card" is built-in/onboard. That means you can't change it.

This is your laptop yes?

And no you don't have a graphics card...you can't add a graphics card...laptops aren't very good at gaming :(.

no, that's not my laptop, mine is Presario v3000 and i HAVE a graphics card...
it sucks it's Mobile Intel R 945Gm/Gu Express Chipset Family.. it 's only 32mb.....

[quuote]Mobile Intel R 945Gm/Gu Express Chipset Family[/quote]This is onboard graphics. It's not really a card in the usual sense. It is built into the motherboard and it is not like a separate card that can be replaced or upgraded.

Everyone here is right. It's not really a graphics "card" and can't be replaced as it is built into the motherboard and can't be upgraded.

I know this is off topic, but for future reference if you decide to upgrade any other parts:

1.) This looks like it is your hard drive - 99.9% sure of this...though the more I look at it, 100% sure

2.) It could possibly be the battery that runs the clock (I know that's how it is on my netbook and on my wife's laptop) - 95% sure of this
*Whenever the clock stops keeping accurate time, you'll need to replace that battery

3.) This is your RAM - 100% sure of this

4.) This is your wireless card - 100% sure of this

Everyone here is right. It's not really a graphics "card" and can't be replaced as it is built into the motherboard and can't be upgraded.

I know this is off topic, but for future reference if you decide to upgrade any other parts:

1.) This looks like it is your hard drive - 99.9% sure of this...though the more I look at it, 100% sure

2.) It could possibly be the battery that runs the clock (I know that's how it is on my netbook and on my wife's laptop) - 95% sure of this
*Whenever the clock stops keeping accurate time, you'll need to replace that battery

3.) This is your RAM - 100% sure of this

4.) This is your wireless card - 100% sure of this

OK Thanks, you all were very helpful! xD (where is the motherboard? o.O)

OK Thanks, you all were very helpful! xD (where is the motherboard? o.O)

......you must be new to the computer world, lol. Everything is connected to the motherboard which takes up the whole space of the laptop. You just don't really see it because the casing is around it. You do see a little bit of it because the RAM plugs into it and that battery is connected to it.
And I hope you aren't thinking what I think you might be thinking...there is no way to take the graphics "card" off of the motherboard. Some of you laugh, but I new a guy who was actually going to try it...good thing he came to his senses when he took the casing off, lol.

Anyway, here's some pics for ya:
http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-M70/big/removing-laptop-motherboard-22.jpg

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/wp-images/troubleshoot-dead-laptop/test-laptop-motherboard-10.jpg

If you want better graphics, then yes, you'll need a new laptop. This is the downside to having a laptop. The only real upgradable parts are the hard drive, RAM, and wireless adapter. Depending on the laptop, you can also upgrade the processor if a newer one is compatible with your current motherboard.

But basically, if you want great graphics, get a new laptop with a better card. Sales associates are pretty good at getting you what you need.

You'll never know till you try it...no need in going out to buy a laptop just because you were afraid that it wouldn't play a game. Always try the game first. And if it's kind of "bleh", don't just assume it's the graphics, also check to see how much RAM you have, as upgrading it will help the game play a little smoother. Let me know if you need help with any RAM stuff.

SC2 isn't out yet, he probably doesn't have it.

I have tried on integrated graphics...on low it works at just around 30 fps. Thats with a comparable computer at 1280 x 1024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back