Which is the best internet browser to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyduck6199

i have had a lot of problems with internet explore in the past but since i upgraded to ie8 it has become faster and i aslo use safari for windows. can u recommend any fast browsers? and if u know what is the fastest browser?

Google Chrome is the fastest browser I have used, with Opera 9 coming a close second. Then comes Firefox naturally. IE8 is on par with FF though.

Chrome is my preferred choice ATM. Opera 10 beta is also pretty fast, so I might switch to that once the final version is released.

For rendering HTML pages (all the websites you view), Opera does it the fastest. I used Opera 9.4 for quite awhile and am now using Opera 10 Beta (much faster).

IE is one of the slowest, but it is extremely popular and always renders websites 'correctly' (you will notice that different browsers make some sites look different)

My secondary browser is Firefox, because it works great compared to IE8 (iE7 was alot better than Firefox in my opinion).

Chrome I am not a fan of nor Safari. However, I heard that Safari 4 is going to be pretty sweet, but I have yet to try it.

This site compares all of the popular browser's in how they render every part of a website, some are outdated but it can't hurt to look.

I'm a big fan of Opera. Ran 9.64 since it came out, and just recently switched to the beta of 10. The only complaint I have is the digg bar doesn't display the comments if you click, it blanks the page - but that is only a problem if you use that feature on digg.com.

Of the major players, I like chrome the best because it is light and generally fast, and can save the tabs I had open last session. I like chrome's coloring too.
It is mostly an opinion, your not really going to notice the speed difference. Perhaps features and a pretty GUI are more important.

Firefox 3.5 is quicker now.. I use that because I can use add-on features to help improve things.

Just download FF 3.5, we'll see how it goes, Chome is ok, i use it simultaneously with FF(dont ask why), seems slower though.

Just download FF 3.5, we'll see how it goes, Chome is ok, i use it simultaneously with FF(dont ask why), seems slower though.

Did you tweak the pip connections in the network settings for FF 3.5. I think the default is way to high. 50 Needs to be set to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back