White iPhone 4 coming by end of April

Neowin

The white iPhone 4 has been much-reported about, but I bet you've never heard this before: a date for its release. The quite evasive white iPhone 4 will finally make its grand debut by the end of this month. The device, which was first announced in summer of 2010, has suffered delays, rumors and speculations about its delay—like light-bleeding problems and troubles with the white paint, being the brunt of the joke, and ultimately efficacy of consumers. Back in October, Apple was quoted as saying that the white iPhone 4 was actually "more challenging to manufacture" than previously expected. They said that it would be available in spring 2011.

That it is, and as such Bloomberg is reporting that Apple is ramping up to release the white iPhone 4 by month's end. People familiar with the matter, who asked to remain anonymous as Apple has yet to publicize its plans, said that the white version of the iPhone 4 would be available on both AT&T and Verizon. One person confirmed that the delay was caused by white paint that would chip and peel under heat. Certainly, this won't go over well with consumers when Apple releases a new iPhone this summer as per usual.

Read the rest of the article.
- This article is brought to you in partnership with Neowin.

Permalink to story.

I believe they additionally fixed that infamous antenna issue. I hope...

"Certainly, this won't go over well with consumers when Apple releases a new iPhone this summer as per usual." iPhone 5 will probably not be released until 2012 by all accounts as it's only due to go into production from September.

Has anyone else noticed that Jobs looks more like a cult leader every day? The kindly old man, befuddled smile on his face, but it's that shirt that really sets it off. He's always wearing something that looks like an outfit out of Equilibrium, or what I imagine O'Brien wearing in 1984. Creeper.

Way to progress apple, I used to be able to change the colour of my nokia 3310 on a daily basis a decade ago with detachable faciers. Hell I could turn my 3310 into a fecking crunchie chocolate bar if I really wanted to.

Thanks for making it easier for your customers apple all they have to do to change the colour of their phone is buy a new one........

He has a creepy smile.. "haha consumers.. the antenna is still an issue but with our new white cover noone will notice"

pcnthuziast said:
Meh. The only thing I can say about apple is that my favorite are golden delicious.

No way. Granny Smith ftw. Golden Delicious are for proles. :)

(real) Coach purses can cost $1500, if a person cares about accessorizing that much, this isn't that much money.

But as Guest said, you used to be be able to change the whole case on a phone, until someone stumbled upon the fact that it would be more profitable to force people to buy a whole new phone.

But as Guest said, you used to be be able to change the whole case on a phone, until someone stumbled upon the fact that it would be more profitable to force people to buy a whole new phone.

You have to wonder whats worse to be honest...

A) Apple for forcing the customer to purchase a whole new phone to change its colour?
B) The customer for being silly enough to actually purchase a whole new phone to change its colour?

Food for thought, perhaps?

You gotta be kidding me and the worse is that actually people will buy it.

And to every one that is saying that Jobs is getting creepier, ya he is starting to look like that Family Guy old man, remember when he showed up in a secret society part of a collage?. He must be smiling because he is thinking "ya those a*s*holes are so gona buy this white ****"

Leeky said:
A) Apple for forcing the customer to purchase a whole new phone to change its colour?

Apple aren't *forcing* anyone to do anything. How many other smartphones can have their colour changed without buying a new phone? Sure accessory manufacturers could make coloured skins like those used on the old Nokias but they don't because they know no one would buy them. They'd look butt-ugly and would impair functionality.

Ok force was the wrong word, but its not far off > If you have a black one currently and want white your going to have to buy new.

The point of my post is valid, its just the single word that is almost too strong, it should ideally have read:

A) Apple for pretty much forcing a customer to purchase a whole new phone for the privilege of changing its colour.

At the end of the day they are marketing the white model like a mini update > The all new *must have white* model, in order to push sales from those that didn't go iPhone 4 black, or have black but really wanted white. Either way they're taking clear advantage of it.

At the end of the day they are marketing the white model like a mini update > The all new *must have white* model, in order to push sales from those that didn't go iPhone 4 black, or have black but really wanted white. Either way they're taking clear advantage of it.

They're going after fashion conscious Chinese mourners, and fried chicken magnates.

Back