Who has the oldest primary PC?

Lou3

I wonder who here has the most antiquated system as his or her primary PC. My Athlon XP 2500+ system is pretty gray, but surely not the oldest here. If you think your rig might win the award, let's hear about it.

Well, barely a year ago my primary was:
Pentium 4 Wilamette 1.9GHz
1GB DDR-333
60GB ATA-133 Maxtor
8xDVD+RW
Nvidia GeForce FX5500 256MB

I have a Legacy computer that is about 10 years old.

I play older games like Deus Ex and Half-Life 1, it's not a main computer like my 3D modeling / Video editing computer but it's still the oldest I have. :)

Hey, the oldest PC I have is a Compaq Deskpro of the EN series, it's specs are:
Intel Pentium II 398 MHz
6.4 Seagate HDD
128 MB SDRAM
nVidia Riva TNT with 4 MB SDRAM. I still use it for word processing and playing old monochrome games like Dangerous Dave and Super Mario, I won't sell it even fifty years to come...Haha.

Wow - no one has stayed on track with this thread - the specifics of which are "the most antiquated system as his or her primary PC."

Many of us have really old PCs somewhere - I'm sure my 8088 will still boot up although the "I" key doesn't work anymore.

Until this February, my primary personal PC was a Pentium 2 that originally came with 64Mb of RAM but I had upgraded to 128Mb (maxed it out, in fact) a few years ago. Bought it in 1996 (it was originally Win 95, but upgraded it to Win 98SE a couple of years later.) For the past few years, it was really only good for emailing and a little bit of surfing and playing very old games, but I was saddened when the power supply went up in smoke earlier this year. Sure got my money's worth out of it.

I wonder who here has the most antiquated system as his or her primary PC. My Athlon XP 2500+ system is pretty gray, but surely not the oldest here. If you think your rig might win the award, let's hear about it.
I'm almost positive that I win the award.
Specs:
AMD Athlon 1800+
512 mb ram (recently upgraded to 1gb)
NVidia 6200 A-LE
80GB hard drive.

I'm also actually going to have a new badass comp within a month, building it myself.

Wow - no one has stayed on track with this thread - the specifics of which are "the most antiquated system as his or her primary PC."

Primary seems to be a problem here :haha:

We all have some boat anchors or door stops lying about -- mine is a 80030 25mhz with 128mb + 120mb hd :)

[ps: it's not primary any more :) ]

My primary isn't in the running here so I won't list it (you can see it in my system specs if you are really curious). But my dad's primary would be. Its a Dell Inspiron 1100 notebook, 2.2Ghz Celeron with 256MB of RAM, running XP.

well I don't be person that PC is bit old by today standards, but ow well I didn't have enough money to buy a really nice system. So for the topic I think my current PC is but when I have the money I will build my dream system with hardware that came out today.

So just check my system specs:

Intel Pentium 4 651 3.4GHZ

2GB Dual Channel PC2-6400 667MHZ

D945GCNL

Diamond Radeon HD 5670 1GB

1 250GB Sata HDD on XP Home SP3 32bit

1 WD 1TB External USB.20
Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE PCI Internal Card . Speakers Logitech X-640 5.1

Most Ancient?

I've been using this as almost my only computer for many years - a Compaq P-III, 866 MHz, maxed out to a now-pathetic 512 MB, running Windows 2000. It's from around 2000, and originally came with the beloved (?) Windows Milennium. I think it's also run W98 and XP at one time or another.

You'll laugh when I tell you the replacement I got for it that I haven't set up yet - a 2003 HP/Compaq office model with a 3.4 GHz Pentium 4, running XP. But for what I do with a computer, this "new" one will be quite a speed demon. It will be nice to watch videos play smoothly, and compress video files in minutes rather than hours. But I'll mostly be doing web browsing and email. And Freecell.

Oldest Primary

It is old by my standards, I never keep em around longer than a year. This one has dead technology (s1366) & PCI-E 2 bottlenecks that dont let my SATAIII SSD run @ full speed (max is 400MB/sec)

I wont list the specs because it wont win against these hoarders.

Back