Why Apple is in no rush for 5G

D

DelJo63

Macworld.com is critical of Verizon 5G:

There’s just one problem. Well, actually there are several problems, but the main one is that mmWave 5G is extremely limited. The only place I was guaranteed to get coverage was when I was standing right under the node, and even then I had to wait for the gigantic 5G logo to appear in the status bar. If I took too many steps, rounded a corner, or even turned my back on the node, I lost 5G coverage. And that's the only 5G that Verizon is selling.

That’s not the kind of experience Apple is going to sell. And since I don’t think Apple would make a separate version of the iPhone just for 5G, a 5G iPhone would be selling a promise of a super-fast network, not an actual one. Apple rarely sells products that aren’t ready to use out of the box, and 5G is most certainly not.

Well said. In my country we don't even have a single 5G node yet people purchase the 5G phones. It's still a premature technology and it will only be worth investing in modems capable for 5G when the technology is well adapted.

Companies be like: Here's a 5G phone with these amazing speeds look!

Us:Buys phone with next to no support for 5G.

By the time 5G is well adapted most will probably be looking for a new phone...

Which means the company legit managed to manipulate a person to spend 100$ more on a feature you won't be using most of the time if ever at all.

Back