Why do I got bad framerate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been playing WoW and my framerate goes to 20-25avg when walking and around 40-60 when i got into buildings.(I have to play all my settings on low to get this). My specs is as follows...

Model:Emachines w3644
Memory:1024MB 667MHz DDR2 dual-channel memory
CPU:2.1GHz AMD Sempron™ LE-1200 processor
Graphics:Recently put in a Nvidia Geforce 5500FX 256mb video card
It also has a intergrated video card but i disabled it to use the above videocard
Motherboard:Nvidia Geforce 6100 nforce 405

I dont know if its a memory issue or what I cleaned my disk drives up disk defraged but i still cant figure it out any help please?

That's about all you're probably going to get with a 5500FX graphics card. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. You can certainly seek a second opinion.

I'm assuming you have the latest drivers for that particular card.

Second opinion says your hardware is on the light side - you're going to need beefier hardware (video card, more ram and faster processor) to get better performance. Video card will probably give the most benefit, but it will still probably hit some rough spots without doing something about the other two pin points.

Well you graphic card is worse than most of the integrated card I've seen when looking for a new computer. Changing your graphic card will give you better frame rates. You might want something in the Mid 8000s of GeForce.

Life begins at 40......Or So They Say......

However, "gaming life" begins @ X600, at least with Nvidia's model numbers.
Neither, a GT8500 or a GT9500 (and below) should be considered for playing the latest games. So, it's a GT8600 or GT9600, that you should consider as minimum for an upgrade.

2 problems; you will most likely need a better PSU, and at some point, your Sempron will bottleneck the system.

With an Emachine, you should replace the PSU ASAP anyway. Really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back