Why does the news say twenty eleven for the year 2011 and not two thousand and eleven

treetops

Why does the news say twenty eleven for the year 2011 and not two thousand and eleven? In 2001 in the news said two thousand and one, not twenty one or twenty o one. So why now do they say twenty eleven instead of two thousand and eleven?

If I got a 2011$ paycheck I would say I got paid two thousand and eleven dollars I wouldn't say I got paid twenty eleven dollars. Why is the news saying it all weird just because its a number in the form a year? If so why???? When did this start?

also in the 1900's we would say for 1901 nineteen o one, not nineteen hundred and one and we would say nineteen ninety for 1990. Why from 2000-2009 did we suddenly decide to start calling the years like two thousand and one.

why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

this is silly.

darn it i thought there was some kind of logic to the way we word our years but you sir have proved it doesn't have to make sense, i'm gonna go ahead and blame this on a unknown marketing department from the late 1990's.

p.s. grats on the ten thousand posts! or should I say ten o o o posts!

Back