Why engineers don't like Twitter

Archean

Undoubtedly Twitter is one of the most used social networking tools, and over 50 million Tweets are posted on daily basis by users. Here is an interesting take on Twitter from engineer's point of view.

I liked this bit though especially the electron wastage one ;)

More than half indicated that the statement “I don’t really care what you had for breakfast,” best sums up their feelings about it; others characterized it as “a ridiculous waste of time and electrons” or expressed the strong desire for it to simply “go away.”

Tweet This.......

Twitter really obviates the fact that most people only have 2 moving parts, their mouth, and their a**, both of which are interchangeable.

I'd like to offer a suggestion to make Twitter more useful, accessible, and less time consuming. Eliminate the middle-mouth, shove your cell phone up your a**.

That seems like it would be quite a great bit of fun. People could try and guess what you had for breakfast, two days before you "tweet" about it, so to speak.

I'd like to offer a suggestion to make Twitter more useful, accessible, and less time consuming. Eliminate the middle-mouth, shove your cell phone up your a**.

That seems like it would be quite a great bit of fun. People could try and guess what you had for breakfast, two days before you "tweet" about it, so to speak.

I think that may be ok on 'pay per view' channels :evil:

Frankly I never understood why people spend so much time on twitter or what that other site is umm 'suck-book', yes that.

I think that may be ok on 'pay per view' channels :evil:
Hmmm....An "X" rated, "pay per tweet", you may be onto something...

Frankly I never understood why people spend so much time on twitter or what that other site is umm 'suck-book', yes that.
Because they have an overwhelming need to give their personal information away, then blame everyone else for their eventual misfortune because of it....

Hmmm....An "X" rated pay per "tweet", you may be onto something...

Not sure you can call it "X" rated, as there is a cell phone involved in it? I wonder how many more precious little electrons will be wasted in this process though. :confused:

Twitter, Now Available in Suppository............

I was going to call this post,...."Lube Up the iPhone, I'm going in"....! Should I change it...?

Listen, if you can try to watch "Avatar" on a cell phone, then a colonoscopy should be no challenge. Maybe Katie Couric should have tried it that way, "screw the endoscope, I'm goin' live"...!, Oomph, blurp.......er, I mean tweet"....:rolleyes:

I wonder how many more precious little electrons will be wasted in this process though. :confused:
Actually, I think the question should be phrased, "how many poor little electrons would meet a smelly, ignominious, bad end"..(1).

1. (Yes, the "bad end" pun was indeed intended)

Back