Why is the network connection so slow?

Jskid

It's my first time working for a multinational company and the network speed is ridiculous. Max speed I've seen copying from a network drive is 14KB/sec, normally bellow 10KB/sec. How could it possibly be so slow? I know the ISP is at least in the same country

The company needs to get someone come in and take a look at the issue. Run a packet sniffer on the network, find out if the routers/switches etc are running optimally.. One piece of bad hardware could mess it up, specially if it's right where the network leaves the company and goes to the ISP.

I would have a professional investigate the issue as it could be a lot more complex then it seems, Could just need to reboot the network completely.

OMG! 14KB/sec copying from a network drive! Dear God! there is something serious wrong on the LAN side of your network. How many users/nodes are connected to the network? what kind of equipment are we talking about here? Who is the ISP? As ComputerGuy55 said a professional may need to come in and assist you in troubleshooting the serious latency issues on your network. Give us a little more info & we may be able to at least get you going in the right direction.... Hope this helps!

Back