Wi-Fi catcher issue

BaBoRains

I have an older Dell Inspirion 1525. I caught the Win32/sirefef.ab and believe it caused this error. It has since been erradicated and the rest of the system is fine. Just not sure. The error I am getting says "Your WiFi Catcher band configuration is not compatable with your WLAN card configuration." Any advice or solutions?

I would go to the Device Manager, find your WiFi device and uninstall the driver.
Rebooting will the use the Auto config feature of windows to find another.

I would go to the Device Manager, find your WiFi device and uninstall the driver.
Rebooting will the use the Auto config feature of windows to find another.

Hey, thanks for this.:)

My friend had been complaining about the same problem as that described by the OP -- although her PC had no previous virus problems. She asked for my help. I was going to make a thread on it here, but I saw this one. I advised my friend to do as you prescribed, jobeard, and -- presto! -- it worked.

So thanks. Goes to show how helpful these threads can be for anyone looking to solve a problem.

I hope jobeard's advice worked for you, too, BaBoRains. :)

I was going to make a thread on it here, but I saw this one. I advised my friend to do as you prescribed, jobeard, and -- presto! -- it worked.

So thanks. Goes to show how helpful these threads can be for anyone looking to solve a problem.
and that's why positive feedback is important - - helps other to fine solutions without undue delay :)

Back