Wifi Network wont start or show the available networks

A

Asemaa

My Wifi Doesnt run well. Sometimes it gets stuck showing no networks and sometimes works. I've tried uninstalling drivers and tried updating and checked all the services related to it but seems everything from windows working fine. I have to restart the Laptop in order for the problem is fixed but it's just once every few times.. any helps please ?

Win/10 is known to have issues with WiFi, and the need to reboot to get it working again is a symptom that the WiFi driver needs to be updated.

DO NOT use Windows Update to do this! Instead, find the maker of the onboard chip, go to their website and download the latest driver for your version of the OS.

Win/10 is known to have issues with WiFi, and the need to reboot to get it working again is a symptom that the WiFi driver needs to be updated.

DO NOT use Windows Update to do this! Instead, find the maker of the onboard chip, go to their website and download the latest driver for your version of the OS.
I have already done The update procedure using software like driver booster and driver easy but the problem insists even after the update. what else could it be ?

Hi @jobeard suggested getting the driver from the manufacture. IMHO 3rd party driver programs will get you in trouble, and may be part of your problem. It's always best to get drivers from the manufacture of your devise. Post make and model and @jobeard will help you find the driver, or Google it yourself.;)

Please verify that the version provided by DriverBoost matches that from the manufacture's website - - many times they do not match :sigh:

I have HP ENVY DV7 windows 10 1709version and it has qualcomm atheros wifi adapter.

The problem happens by luck. sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't and still can't figure out the problem is but what I do keep restarting the laptop until the wireless is running good back and if it doesn't it show the laptop as the wifi is turned off but when I press the wifi on through the panel it lags for around a minute and does nothing no matter how I try to turn it on, even from the settings.
and just as a notice the laptop always turns on with wifi off even if I shutdown the laptop with wifi was kept on.

I just wonder if the boot has got to do anything about it and can't think of anything that makes the problem comes and goes by chance.

The driver started acting strange even before I decided to update it in order to fix the problem. and I think I have even installed the driver again correctly matching the laptop model..

The driver started acting strange even before I decided to update it in order to fix the problem. and I think I have even installed the driver again correctly matching the laptop model..

You're not going to like this but do you think the lancard module maybe faulty here ?
If you're having that much of a problem keeping the wireless nic active without it going out frequently.
I recommend you replace the wireless nic card or opt in for a usb wireless nic.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03580477

Here is some info on how to remove the card safely and put in a new one.
Check with this seller here and find out which card you will need.
https://www.ebay.com/p/HP-Bluetooth...-ce123h/703186226?iid=302625651321&opts=opick
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-N300-Wireless-NIC-USB-F9L1002/16677010
That belkin wireless usb works wonders I had it briefly a while before I needed to return it.

Hi I recommend the belkin wireless USB. A lot less work. If it doesn't solve your issue, return it ;)

Back