Will they work together?

steelth

I have a
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor and found and old N13219 motherboard off a HP Compaq .I read somewhere that the motherboard is a 775 socket , but other than that i have no idea if they will work together can anyone help me out with this plz.Thank you

Probably because everyone noticed you answered your own question. They are both 775. It's still a decent processor.

well, i didn't know if there were other facts to think of while pairing them.Sry for my noobness , when i looked up the motherboard all i could find were pentium 4's that would go on it. but the socket was the same . so now i know that the socket is all that matters i guess, thx .I have tryed to look this motherboard up on hp website with no luck , i even looked it up on asus website with no luck. I even took out the old processor that was a pentium 4 to make sure it is a 775 socket but it doesn't say anywhere. I read on another forums where a guy said his was a 775 so i'm assuming thats what mine is.

Back