Win 7 Enterprise disconnect from Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteysGhost

Hi,

So I posted on the malware forum, and have eliminated the possibility of virus. Here is my issue:

When I am playing a game (most notably Modern Warfare 2 or League of Legends) I get randomly disconnected from the internet (not just the game). It also happens in a very predictable way when I try to connect to certain friends on my friends list when playing modern warfare 2. Though it does not happen predictably when I join them in other games.

I do not believe the router is the issue because my wife's internet continues to work fine.

I am also running ventrillo while in these games, though not always, and sometimes that alone also causes the internet to randomly drop.

I run steam at all times, but aside from MW2, which I run through steam, it doesn't seem to cause any random disconnects.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

josh

Still looking for help on this one....and also, this morning, my internet has been acting funny. Steam and online games work fine, but only some sites work when using both internet explorer and firefox. It's very odd and the sites seem random (hotmail, facebook, hulu, foxnews, cnbc...)

Wired and/or wireless? Start by installing their drivers. And check if newer drivers avail. Also if firmware update available for router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back