Win 7 PC, lost recovery, fresh install?

Hello all, I have a PC AMD and one day I fired it up and I was not able to reboot, it asked to reboot from DVD but I lost my ISO copy when I moved and don't have the product key either. I think it was win 7 but not sure if it was pro or ultimate. I have installed cs5 and files that I need. Can I install a new version of win 7 ultimate on top of the current one? I have a new win 7 ultimate but I'm not sure if I can repair the current one or just do a fresh install and if so, will that delete my cs5 and my files.
djcWa
http://imgur.com/a/djcWa

If you do a REPAIR you will keep your files. If you do a Clean or Fresh install, it wipes the disk

If you do a REPAIR you will keep your files. If you do a Clean or Fresh install, it wipes the disk
thanks for the prompt reply, if I dont have a repair disk and don't know the version of Win 7, how do I go about rebooting? Will any Win 7 repair disk(any version) reboot the computer?

I found the win 7 DVD but I s not the repair disk, I loaded it on to the DVD tray and the computer rebooted from the disk but is asking me to pick language and time zone in order to install win 7, if I continue will this format my whole disk or would it install win 7 on top of the current/old one? How do I get a repair disk for win 7?

After you choose your language, time zone, etc., you should get the option to Repair Your Computer or Install Now. Choose Repair. Continue from there.

I got to the repair screen, it doesn't recognize the harddrive, can't pull any info, I looked for any disco or out of place cables and no luck, I will try to check again if the hdd is spinning. I'm getting anther hdd but I hope this one is not dead, I didn't back up my files :-(

Back