Win XP 0x000000a BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently restored my factory settings on my IBM. Been getting this crash dump 0x0000000a ever since. At first it was constantly... now it's every time I make small changes or installations. I was successfully able to install service pack 2 tonight with out the memory dump... It's still been doing it though on and off. I was wondering if someone could help with this error. Or if there's some possible Debugger out there or scandisc out there that could correct the problem. Thank you.

0x0000000a (0xff1711f2, 0x00000002,0x00000000,0x051110c)

is the full code.

The first and last minidumps have been attached.

Attachments

• Mini012010-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini012110-07.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
Update: I left a memtest on overnight, it ran 36 cycles and came back with no errors... I did a chkdisc r/ and it still crashes. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bothe errors are 0xA which are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for.

In your case the Intel wireless driver w22n51.sys is cited in both dumps as the cause of your issues.

Update the your wireless drivers. Go to your manufacturer's website and update from there.

I did figure out though proccess of ilimination it was my on board wireless adapter. I do however carry a back USB wireless adapter. I will try to find the correct driver for it. Although I think i installed a the driver for it... And it still crashed.

Route44,

Finally, no more blue screens! Hey, thanks man. This entire time I was searching IBM for the driver update, when after reading your post it occurred to me the device was manufactured by Intel... LOL. Talk about your "Ah HA!" moments. Anyways, I downloaded and installed the most up to date driver... I'm now using it to send this post.

I can run Discdefrag and Error Check now without it crashing as it did many times before when the device was Enabled. Which is how I was able to eliminate all other devices to begin with. It was quiet tedious.

Anyways, you guys/gals here truly are a technically gifted godsend. Even though I did only get a reply from one person....

Keep up the good work!

Great to hear! The majority of the time the manufacturer is the best to go through for pre-built systems but in your case the opposite is what worked. Good for you and thanks for getting back to us that it has been resolved and how it was resolved.

You'll find that usually it becomes a one-to-one interaction here though I have from time to time asked others to step in and give advice. Since we are all volunteers we give our time as we can.

If you need help in the future you'll know where to come. ;)

I will definitely stop by again for all my troubleshooting needs. I enjoyed the fact I didn't have to take it to one of those "Computer Repair" shops and be charged an arm and a leg. Thank you again for your services.

P.S. Happy to report my computer is officially up to speed once again. Where as I thought the BSOD was a terminal malfunction and the end to my computer.

These Forums have been bookmarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back