Win XP SP3 HDD problem and error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I have a doozy of a problem that I have tried all I know to fix. It is a Samsung 250gb HDD with 3 partitions on it. Initially I received an error message 0x000000c2 I tried to access the HDD in safe mode but no good. I went back into Safe mode and tried to use chkdsk /r, which told me to restart and the chkdsk would run. I restarted and went into Safe mode agen but instaed of using chkdsk /r, I used /f. All this did was bring up another error something like 0x000000
a or something similar. I installed this drive as a slave on my comp, opened My computer and tried to read the drive but, it now says the Hdd is not formatted. I have no idea on how to fix this and I am hoping that one of you guys can help me out. Best regards, jonni65

Raw: The volume filesystem type information is unavailable
http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm

You could try backing up your data with the above program
It allows 4 levels down for free ie D:\My folder\My Next Folder\My Next Folder\My last Folder

Once backed up, you can then remove the partition in Disk Management in Windows, and format this secondary drive clean

Windows XP sp3 HDD problem and error messages

Hi kimsland:D Many thanks for your reply, will the program work if I can't see any files on the HDD and cannot enter the drive? Will I have to do this in Safe mode? Regards, jonni65.

Windows XP sp3 HDD problem and error messages

Hi manqu;) Many thank for your input, I will get that a go. Regards, jonni65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back