Win32.backdoor.ciadoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been plagued with this trojan for some time and tried every program to kill it to no avail. It is a reg key that disables task manager and regedit among other ails. It can be quarantined with ad-aware but reinstalls on restart.

I have had great success so far with RegRun. It has an option to prevent any program from starting up. So far so good-no ciadoor on my next ad-aware scan. The website is www.greatis.com/security and has a full function 30 day trial if you go to "downloads" at top of page. No credit card needed.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s one thing to stop a file from starting up and another to remove the file itself.

I do agree that Regrun is a good programme, I recommend it myself from time to time for specific infections.

If you would like to read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment. I`d be happy to take a look and see if your system is clean or not.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks Howard for the offer. I agree the thing is lurking there probably somewhere. It was fun just to find a way to stop it finally. I've got another copy of XP on the same computer that I know isn't infected. If I see signs of it again I think I will dump the bad copy and reinstall. The fact that I can now access task mgr and regedit means I've won this battle for now.

Ok mate, no problem.

If you ever have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of malcum only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back