Win32/Heur virus help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see where u have helped a number of people .. but as a previous posts my Hijack This log file is different could u pleas have a look at my log file
Badly need help!!
Thank u

Sure,

I will stick around to help and watch for your NEW THREAD

DDS by sUBs

Please download from DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Vista users. Right click on dds and select Run as administrator (you will receive a UAC prompt, please allow it)

• Double click on dds to run it.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • You will receive another prompt after a while. Click Yes at the prompt. It will take another few minutes to scan.
  • When done, Attach.txt will open.
  • Please zip and attach the contents of DDS.txt and Attach.txt in your next reply.

Post the 2 logs in your new thread HERE

Regards,

BD

I am sorry BD but I cant seem to get the link u sent me to work .. not able to get "dds"

I have done the 8 steps posted at the top of the Malware removal posts in trying to clean up my machine ... I am still receiving notification that the Trojan is still present .. I really need to get this thing of my machine.

Situation Worse!

I have uninstalled AVG and installed Avira tried to run scans with all the cleaners recommended.. tried both in normal mode and safe mode in the hope of saving the scan file to be posted. The machine shutdown after a while ,, and will not now start fully .. there are no icons .. or a taskbar.
The machine boots to a frozen wallpaper and nothing else. I cant find a way to access anything on the machine.

You could try The Ultimate Boot CD, I have some info here on that as well ;) https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html
This bootcd can help scan and remove malware, and can also help back up any important data you have.

Please note Avira install did not cause issues for your computer. The issues have come from a computer that was infected, and AVG did not originally protect you from. Once a computer is infected AVG usually corrupts, but running the removal tool originally would have eliminated that issue

Most likely, it removed an infection that was hijacking explorer.exe, then the infection was removed taking explorer down with it

As long as some policies aren't changed as well this should work...

From the blank desktop, hold down the windows key on your keyboard and press R

type in explorer - this should at the very least give you access to files and folders, or hopefully restore the desktop

**if your keyboard doesn't have a windows key, this can be done by hitting ctrl+alt+delete -> applications tab -> new task -> type explorer and hit enter

Thanks all .. but none of those worked.. I got frustrated and nuked the drive... from zero, I have since reinstalled windows and some of my programs. Done all the updates and up and running again.. I am very wary of importing my data that I had backed up on an external drive .. I have installed Avira as recommended and hope at this point I can get back to some sort of normality.
Thank a mil for all your advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back