Win32/heur virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found the win32/heur virus using AVG 8.0. I am running Windows Vista. I read your 8 step virus removal instructions but I cannot download malwarebytes, superantispysoftware, or avast. I assume these sites are being blocked by the virus as I can access other websites fine. And it won't let me install avira. What should I do?

Also I am hooked up to a network. Will this virus effect other computers on the network?

Also if AVG does not detect the virus any longer does that mean I am safe?

Hello josh99

Also I am hooked up to a network. Will this virus effect other computers on the network?

It will, if you share files.

Please download combofix here -> https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html

Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to 123.com to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to 123.com to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post

Did this as you said but when the combofix had finished avg said that C:\32788R22FWJFW.swre.exe was infected and so I put in in the virus vault and then the combofix porgram comes up with an error. I'm guessing that C:\32788R22FWJFW.swre.exe is really the combofix program and so that is why the combofix program comes up with an error. If I don't clean this quick then I'll just reinstall windows which is probably the best way regardless correct?

As an update I have malwarebytes and superantispysoftware installed. I also have hijackthis and ccleaner.

Ok. We´ll try another scanner -

Please download DDS: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr
to your Desktop and doubleclick on DDs.scr to run it. If your security software includes script blocking features, please disable these before you run this utility. When the scan has finished, two logs will open.
Attach both reports in this topic.
The logs will be reasonably large so it possible you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back