Win32 virut.E virus infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitech0101

This virus is infecting my PC all .exe files are now corrupt.Many other files with other extensions have also been infected .My antivirus Quick Heal is repairing system 32 files but the virus keeps infecting new files.Many games of mine are not working please help me. :(

Unfortunately, the best help I can give you is to do a complete reformat and reinstall! Please read the following in regard to Virut:

First, make sure you have the Virut infection:

• Make sure to use Internet Explorer for this
  • Please go to VirSCAN.org FREE on-line scan service
  • Copy and paste the following file path into the "Suspicious files to scan" box on the top of the page:
    • c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
  • Click on the Upload button
  • If a pop-up appears saying the file has been scanned already, please select the ReScan button.
  • Once the Scan is completed, click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button. This will copy the link of the report into the Clipboard.
  • Paste the contents of the Clipboard in your next reply.
Also scan these,

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

Virut is a Polymorphic File Infector that infects ..exe, .scr, .rar, .zip, .htm, .html. Because there are a number of bugs in its code, it may create executable files that are corrupted beyond repair resulting in an inoperative machine.
It opens a Backdoor by connecting to a predefined IRC Server and waits for commands from the remote attacker

Good explanation here:
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2009/02/virut-and-other-file-infectors-throwing.html

Change all of your passwords and monitor any online transactions.

Malware experts say that a Complete Reformat and Reinstall is the only way to clean the infection. This includes All Drives that contain .exe, .scr, .rar, .zip, .htm, .html files.

* Backup all your documents and important items only.
* DON'T backup any executable files (,exe .scr .html or .htm)
* DON'T back up compressed files (zip/cab/rar) that may contain .exe or .scr files

But let's check to make sure. Paste the virus scan log into the next reply.

You will find excellent reformat/reinstsll instructions heere:
http://www.tech-101.com/tutorials/356-tutorial-windows-install-repair-xp-vista.html

Thanks for your help

I did a reinstall.But my friend & me using same antivirus "Quick Heal" his PC cleaned the virus.My PC was infected because of him, his flash drive.The only mistake i probably did was to restore system 32 files from quarantine while he cleared 'em.

Thanks for help again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back