Inactive Win64:Patched-A [Trj] Please Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start with when things began to get more serious. I had issue with high physical memory build up within a span of only an hour or so on this computer for a while, and it got to the point where I received reports of DCOM server process launcher, Plug and Play services, and random window shutdown messages, giving me about a minute to cancel the shutdown in each case (shutdown -a in 'run'). After some fiddling, I traced the cause back to a process called svchost.exe. More specifically, and not so surprisingly, that lead me to both Plug and Play and DCOM services. That didn't tell me much new info, so I decided to do a little research and I stumbled upon a wonderful program called avast!.
I went ahead and downloaded it, running its boot scan (Not w/o running into an impasse with a couple of un-removable corrupted files for which I was forced to ignore). After that, I ran its quick scan, and came up with 4 cases of the same thing. Win64:patched-A [Trj]. All of them originating from rpcss.dll in System 32 in some way, shape or form. With two cases it gives me the error The specified file is read only (6009), and the other two state that they would be fixed upon reboot (Which they are not). I have found a similar case, among many, on the forum, but I feel unsure whether it is safe for me to follow the instructions posted there to the letter, as that very well could be solving a different issue entirely, and that the only way to truly see is through scans on this computer. I sincerely apologize for this ridiculously long post, I am terribly at a disadvantage when it comes to the works of forums. And now I humbly ask that someone who is tech savvy to save me from this awful issue I am experiencing. I only have a temporary fix, in which avast! continuously blocks the harmful files that seem to boost my memory usage (Not without giving me a pop up message every 30 seconds of course).
Ah yes, and my OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back