Win7 BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

Inveigler

For the past week or so, I've received the following error (see photo). I'm usually quite constant when it comes to updating drivers, but I ran a SlimDriver Free and a Update Windows scan and nothing was out of date. I re-installed my network drivers and my graphics drivers just to be sure, but it worked for a few days and it still was an issue. I've looked about online and I can't figure this out. This is my main computer and it's a major pain when it just drops out like this.

I'm running out of ideas of what the problem could be and I want to be sure I've exhausted all options before I start looking at hardware. Any help would be super appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20131023_212025.jpg
    IMG_20131023_212025.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, I should also mention that I had recently done a memtest, no problems.
Running it again to be sure. Nothing so far.

That code indicates a driver issue. Netio.sys is a Windows driver that has to do with networking. Rarely is it the problem. Rather it has to do with your networking card and/or drivers. Have you recently updated and drivers? If not I suggest you update your NIC (network interface card) drivers from your manufacture's website if it is a laptop and if it it is a PC then from your motherboard manufacture's website.

Keep us updated.

Thanks for replying.
I reinstalled my network drivers a few days ago. To be sure I got the driver details from windows devices and downloaded it myself. Clicked 'repair installation'. No problems until now. I got 2 BSOD screens in a row and decided this might be beyond me.

I built it myself, December 2011. I'm pretty sure it's the same error. That Netio.SYS error appeared before and is what led me to update the driver in the first place.

Memtest needs to run a minimum of 10 tests and more if time allows it.

I am suspecting your NIC card.

As the card is built into the motherboard, the only solution would be to get a new network card and slot it into a free PCI/PCIe slot? Is there a test I can run to be sure?

Thisdeffo a driver more than likely video driver try getting driver sweeper clean out any old drivers lurking about then install fresh from main website like dell or what ever make u got

Is it a pc and have u or anyone else touched any parts inside . do u have no yellow exclamation marks in device manager

How about formatting pc is that an option for u as that will solve weather its software or hardware issue mine years ago was driver issue that irqu not less equal is normally always drivers

Not sure. I think so.
either way, I'll go to the Gigabyte website and see what updates I can get.
Will report back on this

That didn't take long at all.
Maybe it depends on the quantity of internet traffic coming in, but it still crashed.

Attachments

• IMG_20131024_124248.jpg
    IMG_20131024_124248.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
0xD1 errors are almost always caused by bad drivers. I would ask on the Gigabyte forums if this is a common occurrence with this board or what others have found as the solution.

But since it continues to be the Netio.sys again either the drivers are corrupted or the adapter itself is faulty.

* Since you built this I am assuming you have the OS disk. Have you tried running a system repair with said disk?

Thanks for getting back to us and very glad it was figured out. Sorry that I could not have been more help.

Back