Win7 hangs when permission denied to PowerDVD9 & Cyberlink

Hi All, I am a new user & hope that the Guru(s) here can help. Recently, I bought & installed PowerDVD9 - it works fine except that they (Cyberlink & PowerDVD) ask for "Server... Rights" & access to the internet upon start-up. The PC hangs when the requests were denied. Any answers? Regards from Crisp Satay.

Before disabling your firewall and UAC you might want to double check that you've disabled all the options in user preferences that require internet access. There are a couple settings you'll need to change if they are not already disabled.

Player - Disable automatic check for updates.
MoovieLive - Turn off auto sign in and advanced features (download movie information, etc)

I'm on PowerDVD 10 and don't recall the exact setting names in version 9 but the functions are still basically the same ... hope this helps. Unfortunately, the stupid MoovieLive will still pop up but won't attempt to connect to the internet.

Hi All, I am a new user & hope that the Guru(s) here can help. Recently, I bought & installed PowerDVD9 - it works fine except that they (Cyberlink & PowerDVD) ask for "Server... Rights" & access to the internet upon start-up. The PC hangs when the requests were denied. Any answers? Regards from Crisp Satay.

You don't really need Power DVD9 at all with Windows 7. Windows 7 comes with all the programs necessary to burn DVD's and CD's and display them. If you are running Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Pro, Windows Media Center is good too

Back