Win7 - randomly freezing

rotary9k

Hi,

Just a couple days ago, my system randomly crashed and restarted. Ever since then, my system has been randomly hanging, sometimes while loading windows on the "Welcome" screen, and others during random times (usually within 5-10minutes or so). I can use Safe Mode just fine though. I've tried to disable "automatic restart on crash" to try and get a blue screen and see what's wrong from there. However, when I disable that feature, the system freezes to a blank white screen.

I've scanned for viruses using AVG and malware using MalwareBytes - both indicated nothing harmful. Yes, both were updated prior to scanning.

Not able to try system restore as I run on SSD's and turned off system restore point for the sake of saving space.

I thought it was a malware or virus, but I've gotten help at the malware forums section and they say all my logs show my computer is clean.

Could it be a hardware issue then? Odd since I can use the computer just fine in Safe Mode.

I've tried numerous things and can't seem to fix it. Wanted to check here to see if anyone could assist. Please advise what logs I should post for assistance. Thanks in advanced!

It is most likely a video driver problem. When you run in Safe Mode only minimal drivers are loaded. This includes video drivers

Back