Win8 sleep

St1ckM4n

I have a HTCP running Win8 Pro x64. The power settings are set to never sleep, allow wake timers.

If I leave computer running, I don't believe it goes to sleep (could be wrong...).

If I set computer to sleep (S3), it'll wake up for the scheduled event, then go back to sleep. Kernel-Power: The system is entering sleep.Sleep Reason: System Idle

Any idea why this is?

I'm not sure exactly what your complaint is. It's not supposed to sleep in normal use (and doesn't). It can be put to sleep manually with scheduled wake at specific events (and it does). It then goes back to sleep. I would think that a scheduled wake for an event would imply 'resume previous status' after event. Which it does. So ?

. I would think that a scheduled wake for an event would imply 'resume previous status' after event. Which it does.
This is my question. Should I do that? Is it a Win8 feature? How can I toggle it? It has some impacts on task scheduling abilities.

I've never seen any setting is Windows for this. The only BIOS one I can think of is "resume on power restore", e.g. after a power outage.

I can only suggest you need input from Big Brother MS themselves on that one. Maybe ask on Technet. I agree power-saving settings have got complicated to the point of totally out of control

Back