WINDOWS 10 May, 3rd upgrade 1903

Macho

I attempted to upgrade, with the new manual upgrade thinking it was "recommended."
The first attempt was on my good hard drive I use, and whilst upgrading, the screen went blank a little after it rebooted. I panicked and shut off the computer by disconnecting power. When it resumed it automatically un-installed the upgrade, lucky me.

The next attempt was to experiment on my second hard drive, and let it go anyway when the screen went blank. Later I turned it on from being in sleep mode, to it almost letting me sign on, and then it went blank. It must still be working but we can not see it post on the display. I have an AMD processor and 16 GB of memory, and I know that this should not be.

For now, I threw in the towel, and re-installed my WINDOWS 10, without the upgrade update. I did make a disk of the MediaTool1903.exe with Windows.iso, but did not trust it yet either.

I still had a nightmare when the original Windows 10 was back, but every program ran at a crawl, and installing my Mozilla Firefox, took 45 minutes.

What is a body to do? I used my UVK Ultra Virus Killer, program, and ran scripts to install the
necessary Windows Framework programs, and all the others that may be needed, such as the Microsoft
added programs, and others. I just kept at it, until it worked, running other features to optimize boot & shut down. Now, just getting back to what I had, was working, and I am deathly afraid of even insulting
Windows Corporation, who may just fall on their sword. They must have designed in this failure, since no one expects a Windows product to malfunction, and have it be their fault. Somehow it must be my fault and I am stupit.

They made this May, 3rd 1903 update a manual update. A few other warnings I saw concerning it to go to only those persons they use to test their software, and get back to them. How about Microsoft Framework.NET not being installed, or the Microsoft C++ Re-distributable software, not being included.

I had a computer working excellently until I monkey'd around. If I was a technician working on a customer's computer, they would be bearing down at the same time, wondering how this could happen.

I did not have a USB storage, or Micro SSD. I do use a USB wireless mouse & keyboard. Maybe the anti-virus should have been turned off first before updating.

What about my nightmare, when just re installing back what I had? How did the new installation not behave like originally installed? Also, the DVD drive that boots the re-instllation disk was not able to come up. I was battling KATO like inspector Cluseso. I was just testing myself as usual.

Back