Windows 2000 Pro keeps going right to sleep mode

I have a computer that keeps going right to sleep mode. It has Windows 2000 pro on it. I've tried to reboot it to "Last known good configuration" tried settings in "Safe mode" I'm stumped. Any other ideas?

Interesting however there are a few things that come to mind. First off bro it might be time to upgrade....unless you are using some crazy legacy software that needs it :( Next items, does your monitor turn off but you can still here the computer running? Or does the computer also go quiet? If the monitor just goes out but you still here the computer running could be the following:

1)Dying Monitor
2)Bad VGA Cable
3)Bad video port on computer

To test I would try using another monitor you know works as well as another VGA cable. If it still occurs you might be looking at a video port problem on the motherboard or if you have an old bgp video card that might be failing. If you have a custom video card and you are not using the motherboard video port you can always try to replace the card to see if that resolves it. Again you will have to good reason too pour money into this and I have to assume that you do.

Before I go further let me know about the above and we will see if we can get this resolved.

Interesting however there are a few things that come to mind. First off bro it might be time to upgrade....unless you are using some crazy legacy software that needs it :( Next items, does your monitor turn off but you can still here the computer running? Or does the computer also go quiet? If the monitor just goes out but you still here the computer running could be the following:

1)Dying Monitor
2)Bad VGA Cable
3)Bad video port on computer

To test I would try using another monitor you know works as well as another VGA cable. If it still occurs you might be looking at a video port problem on the motherboard or if you have an old bgp video card that might be failing. If you have a custom video card and you are not using the motherboard video port you can always try to replace the card to see if that resolves it. Again you will have to good reason too pour money into this and I have to assume that you do.

Before I go further let me know about the above and we will see if we can get this resolved.
I'll have to check if it's a legacy software. Computer stays running just the monitor goes to sleep. It started right after I loaded a program to analyze the error codes I was getting. Sorry don't remember the name of the program. I uninstalled it and that's when it went down.

Ok cool man. Let me know what you find. Did yo have any remote conenctivity set up to this computer so that you can access it from another computer? That way we can troubleshoot within Windows.

Back