Windows 7 BSOD on new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an Aurora Alienware a couple of weeks ago and a couple of days ago I've started getting random BSODs in WIndows 7. I want to try and determine the source of the problem before taking the RMA route.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800AEA9028
BCP3: 00000000B2000000
BCP4: 0000000000010019
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

My specs are

Intel core i7 980X
Alienware A00 Mobo BiOS v A07
9GB 1333MHZ DDR3
Radeon 5970 HD Gfx card.

Please help. I'm willing to run any reasonable diagnostics ,etc.

Attachments

• 050110-18517-01.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 2
Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dump simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

* Since this system is only two weeks old it must still be under warrenty. I would contact them, tell them your minidump was analyzed and give the 0x124 error code, but all that it cited was the issue is hardware.

*** Let them fix it. Please keep us updated and when they fix it it would be great if you could let us know what they found and fixed because a resolve with this error is really important to know. It will help others. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back