Windows 7 BSOD, will no longer boot fully even in safe mode

mr.smog

A few days ago, I was about 2 minutes into a show on Mozilla, when my computer froze and I encountered the Bsod. My computer is almost 4 years old and due to an electrical sure years ago the motherboard was replaced, and most recent at the start of this year my computer ended up at the point where it couldnt even start, luckily we got that fixed with some new ram and a new copy of windows 7, sadly nothing memory wise was salvaged. Since then I have not once encountered problems with my computer until now.

When it first crashed I restarted and tried to resume my show foolishly, again 2minutes in the Bsod was back. This time I ran chckdsk which failed fairly far through, after which my computer will no longer boot to windows successfully for even a moment in windows. So far my attempts at saving my computer have been; repairing disk on the computer which fails every time, using my windows 7 disc to attempt a repair of windows, and booting a usb with AVG recovery software. The latter of which I used to scan for any potential viruses even though I had panda cloud running when it crashed (fully updated of course), only low level threats showed up all of which I have fixed. Next I performed a SMART health assessment, which failed. It tells me:

Drive failure expected in less than 24 hours. SAVE ALL DATA

ID-5 / Attribute name- reallocated_sector_ct / Flag- 0x0033 / Value- 001 / Worse- 001 /
Thresh-036 / Type- Pre fail / Updated- Always / When_Failed- Failing now / Raw Value- 20248

It says 80 ATA errors were counted. It only shows the last 5 but seems they all occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 30301 hours (1262 days + 13 hours)

One of the first BSOD I received stated page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Then once it wouldn't start that was replaced with the check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. The code on that ended with 0xfffff8000c1c2b05.

I'm sure I can provide more information if needed. Please help

As a note I am including pictures momentarily, and I have tried system restore.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
So your hard drive is bad and this means exactly what it says "Drive failure expected in less than 24 hours. SAVE ALL DATA"...

So your hard drive is bad and this means exactly what it says "Drive failure expected in less than 24 hours. SAVE ALL DATA"...

To be fair I expected this response but, needless to say I had a tiny droplet of hope. None of my computer is backed up when, oh when will I learn..

I can no longer successfully boot even to a usb as of yesterday, today I tried testing each ram slot in hope that maybe it was a cause. Side note I noticed an amber light on my motherboard, tried checking all connections they seem good.

It may be a dying power supply or a faulty motherboard, but the amber light points to the power supply first. We already know that the hard drive is bad

Could that be somehow connected with my hard drive crashing? Seems strangely unfortunate to have both fail at the same time. Although I believe the power supply has yet to be replaced on my unit (dell xps 7200)

Sadly not that was the last thing I checked in the manual last night, none of the diagnostic lights are flashing, they all act normal.

Remove the hard drives power connector and see if the amber light on the motherboard goes green. I think the power supply is okay

I think that light should stay green, indicating 5 volts is present on the motherboard. Now the power supply is suspect... as well as the bad hard drive. A hard drive with the SMART status tripped can still operate enough to get files off, as long as the computer boots:)

Back