Windows 7 Ethernet Controller Driver

sprandel17

I have a K7S41GX MoBo. Win 7 is not detecting my ethernet controller and I can not find a driver for this board anywhere. Any help out there?

Windows doesn't need a driver to detect Plug and Play hardware (e.g. your network controller). So first questons are:

1. Any sign of your Network Controller appear in Device Manager?

2. Also do this
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

It was in Device Manager but it was unknown. I did find a driver, I think it was an XP driver too, and it installed fine and here I am!

It was in Device Manager but it was unknown
So Windows is detecting the hardware. Your problem is Windows can't find a suitable driver for it. In fact, i see the vendor for that mobo only provides W2K and XP drivers for it. (must be an older m/b?) i'm guessing there aren't W7 drivers for it. Can you still fall back to installing and running XP is probably your best bet (as i'm also guessing that is more then just the ethernet controller driver you'll find are missing under W7)

Back